Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sell everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Article about: Ok... While talking to a friend this subject came up... So I will post this question to all of you.... What would it take for you to sell all or part of your collection??? The reason I bring

?

Default Sell everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok... While talking to a friend this subject came up... So I will post this question to all of you....
    What would it take for you to sell all or part of your collection???
    The reason I bring this up is... I have an investment opportunity .. a rather good investment opportunity, where I can triple my money in 8 months...(I currently have other funds invested in this) while telling a friend about it, he said SELL EVERYTHING.. then you can re-buy items later. It sounds like a good idea but for the first time in my life I own items that I don't feel like I can part with... in the past I could sell any belonging at the drop of a hat... but this one is tough.
    Opinions?

Default Re: Sell everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family comes first, if I needed cash for anything to do with my wife and daughter I would sell everything I own.

?

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    Ok... While talking to a friend this subject came up... So I will post this question to all of you....
    What would it take for you to sell all or part of your collection???
    The reason I bring this up is... I have an investment opportunity .. a rather good investment opportunity, where I can triple my money in 8 months...(I currently have other funds invested in this) while telling a friend about it, he said SELL EVERYTHING.. then you can re-buy items later. It sounds like a good idea but for the first time in my life I own items that I don't feel like I can part with... in the past I could sell any belonging at the drop of a hat... but this one is tough.
    Opinions?
    I think it depends on what you have in your collection , are they fairly easy too replace or rarer items that could take a long time too equal the quality of the ones you could sell ?

Don't... trust me, you will regret it!
    Take a lot of pictures for you to have

But who sell their own kids?

?

Quote by HD1450 View Post
    I think it depends on what you have in your collection , are they fairly easy too replace or rarer items that could take a long time too equal the quality of the ones you could sell ?
    Most could be easily replaced... My Juncker lazy 2 KC is my best piece and I'm really attached to it .. love the patina etc.. not many around etc... I'm just looking for opinions and to start a discussion.. I always see comments from older collectors "I had one of those back in the day... man I wish I never sold that"

?

Most could be easily replaced... My Juncker lazy 2 KC is my best piece and I'm really attached to it .. love the patina etc.. not many around etc... I'm just looking for opinions and to start a discussion.. I always see comments from older collectors "I had one of those back in the day... man I wish I never sold that"
    I still hold with what i said earlier , but on the flipside , there is more in life than just money ! Yeah i know when you have money it can buy you these treasures , but when you sell them you may never be in the position too replace them in the future if other unforeseen problems arise .

I wouldn't sell any for an investment opportunity. Those come and go and many get burned. The only people I know of that triple money in eight months are already millionaires or they sell drugs. Nothing is that much of a sure thing. A dire family emergency I would sell my collection for. But not for an investment opportunity.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I wouldn't sell any for an investment opportunity. Those come and go and many get burned. The only people I know of that triple money in eight months are already millionaires or they sell drugs. Nothing is that much of a sure thing. A dire family emergency I would sell my collection for. But not for an investment opportunity.
    It's nothing illegal ... and I'm not worried about losing my investment.. that's not the issue.

If you don't worrie about the investment, why risking it anyways :P

I wouldn't risk it Lowboy, if you want to save something for money, let it be until you die, then your kids can sell them

It's nothing illegal ... and I'm not worried about losing my investment.. that's not the issue.
    I wasn't insinuating that your investment opportunity is an illegal act or the like. My apologies if that was your understanding.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast