Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shipping German Militaria to France

Article about: Hello guys, Is it legal to ship an item bearing a swastika from the US to France? Somebody has just purchased one of my items and I want to make sure I am not breaking any laws by mailing it

Default Shipping German Militaria to France

Hello guys,

Is it legal to ship an item bearing a swastika from the US to France? Somebody has just purchased one of my items and I want to make sure I am not breaking any laws by mailing it the buyer.

Thanks,
    Corey

Default Re: Shipping German Militaria to France

I have had no problems shipping to France Corey, but this is from the UK. I would put simply 'helmet' or maybe 'antique helmet' on the customs declaration.

I figured it would be fine, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

I've never had any problems shipping items to France, normally via USPS Express International. The items normally arrive inside of a weeks time, and never had issues with items showing a swastika.

Darin

I was going to go USPS to.

Does French customs ever open the packages? If a helmet with swastika was seen would they confiscate it or return it back to me?

If I were you I would just tell the buyer to check himself and that it is sent at his risk regarding seizure etc. It would be easier for him to look into it than you as well.

I would imagine they open some packages, the ones that give cause for concern on the Xray. Pills, guns, etc etc. Whether the ghostly silhouette of a stahlhelm would give a Frenchman cause for concern is another question

I am in France, no problem. BUT, don't use a parcel with swatikas!!!!
    I received one 3 years ago....A famous seller.

Only the custom open parcels. They are interested by value only.

What are the laws in France regarding TR items? i know in Germany it's illegal to display a swastika or ss runes etc in public, but it's perfectly OK to buy and sell TR stuff, the dealer i use in Berlin has everything on open display but with stickers covering banned symbols.
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

It's illegal here also, but the selllers hide the swatika and all is OK. It's like in Germany, stickers...In this time on ebay france, we can see swastikas and nothing from ebay!
    eBay | MILITARIA / Postkarte ELITE/ WAFFEN / WWII
    eBay | BOUCLE DE FOUILLE AVIATION
    SS
    eBay | ORIGINALE. PHOTO / Postkarte ELITE / SIDE CAR BMW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast