Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Show your war libraries

Article about: here are some of mine, and Im glad we did this, as it made me organize a bit.....but Im still missing a bunch that I know I have somewhere! haha I laid em out so you can see the titles easie

4md
    ?

Default Re: Show your war libraries

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    Here is most of my personal library that is with me at college, a large portion is at home. I have a mixture of everything, but mainly military history from various eras. I also collect antique books and maps, which you can see a few. My favorite WWI/II books are Guns of August, and Soldiers of Destruction.

Attachment 504984

Attachment 504985

Attachment 504982

Attachment 504986

Attachment 504983
    The Guns of August is an excellent book i must read it again. Apparently J.F.K was reading this book when the Cuban Missile crisis was happening, According to the movie anyway.
    I just read Soldiers of Destruction as well, Great read!

regards Paul

Fred Green
    ?

DSCN2649 (1024x768).jpgDSCN2650 (1024x768).jpgDSCN2651 (1024x768).jpgDSCN2652 (1024x768).jpgDSCN2653 (1024x768).jpgDSCN2655 (1024x768).jpgHello,

My room is a mess but I have a great library. I can reference pretty much anything I have an interest in. My Civil War library is in a closet.The top shelf in the first picture is nothing but original Infantry Drill Manuals from 1867-1968 double stacked.
    Fred

?

Apologies for the less than stellar photo quality, but you can get at least some idea as to the size of part of my book collection. all military titles in these photos.

BobSDSCN0942.jpgDSCN0941.jpgDSCN0941.jpgDSCN0945.jpgDSCN0951.jpgDSCN1892.JPG

In love your Guards caps Bob The Life Guards example brings back memories

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    In love your Guards caps Bob The Life Guards example brings back memories

Nick
    Thanks, Nick. I have officer caps for all of the Household Cavalry and Foot Guards, except the Coldstream Guards, which seems hard to come by, for some reason. I have also missed out on a couple of what I believed were overpriced examples on Ebay.
    My Life Guards officer cap actually has King's Crown buttons, so my ERII badge is incorrect, but I'm not paying 150 pounds for a GeoVI badge, at least not now. That's more than I paid for the bloody cap!
    I am trying to stick to cavalry & Guards peaked caps, especially WWII era caps. My Irish Guards is WWII vintage, and my Welsh Guards khaki service dress is as well.

BobS

Great stuff Bob! here is me in my Life Guards cap (Just realised that Life Guards translated in German is Leibstandarte!!)

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Great stuff Bob! here is me in my Life Guards cap (Just realised that Life Guards translated in German is Leibstandarte!!)

Nick
    Nick,
    I'm impressed! Did you serve in the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment, or in the "regular" regiment.
    Am I correct in believing that not all Life Guards or Blues & Royals troopers or officers did mounted ceremonial duty?

Regards,

BobS

Quote by BobS View Post
    Nick,
    I'm impressed! Did you serve in the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment, or in the "regular" regiment.
    Am I correct in believing that not all Life Guards or Blues & Royals troopers or officers did mounted ceremonial duty?

Regards,

BobS
    Thats right mate, you could choose either or, or both! I just did the armour

Nick

Keep them coming guys . I'd post mine, but they are scattered allover the place. I'll post when I get some proper shelves to store them in...and room for the shelves

I'd love to show you pictures of my books but i;m afraid you'll understand only 5-6 of them that are in English! The rest are in Greek and you'll get nothing of them!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast