Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

A sincere thanks

Article about: Hi guys, I joined this forum when I was 17 and a senior in high school. I am now 23 and almost out of college. My collection, collector network, and knowledge base have all grown immensely o

Default A sincere thanks

Hi guys,

I joined this forum when I was 17 and a senior in high school. I am now 23 and almost out of college. My collection, collector network, and knowledge base have all grown immensely over the past six years, and I have you all to thank for it.

I went from this (one of my first posts here): strange looking helmet , to being able to identify most of the decal variants, discern high-end fakes from originals, spot 'one-lookers', etc. I have not reached some collecting Nirvana and I am no helmet god, but I know a hell of a lot more than I did six years ago. There is still a lot to learn. But I have become somewhat of an authority within my reenacting circle of friends and acquaintances, and I never really figured I would get to this point.

So if you ever wonder what the point of the endless "is this real?" threads would be, just remember that you and your collective wealth of knowledge have brought me more happiness and intellectual stimulation than I could ever really thank you for, and that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Thank you all for being such good friends and mentors. Here's to another six years!

Mo

Hi Mo..also to you I extend the same gratitude and thanks for young and or new hobbyists just starting out...and sticking through the pain of bumps and bruises along the way. The longer you remain immersed in the the subject whether over all or core study..the sharper you will become. That has already been proven by your integrity here which proceeds you. You are recognized highly by many on this Global forum.
    Your name is renown because of your discipline and drive to excel. Congrats Mo on 6 yrs being a part of a Great Family and Hobby. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you so much for the kind words Larry.

Great stuff Mo, I for one respect your opinion about anything I may post as you have always made the effort to give a reason behind it. We are all learning something new nearly every day and will continue to do so together! Leon.

Hey Mo, i hope it's longer than just 6 years!...

Time does fly when you're having fun!

You're a good lad Mo, you contribute a lot here and your opinion is highly valued by me and I'm sure many more. You are also a gentleman, what a nice thing to do in starting a thread like this, I'd happily buy you a beer any day mate!
    Last edited by sandgroper; 08-19-2015 at 10:14 PM.