Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Snyders Treasures

Article about: Just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with Snyders Treasures and if he is reliable? He seems to have an amazing collection of Eva Braun stuff that a GI from 101st Airborne supposedl

Default Re: Snyders Treasures

I find things like this really baffle me, I mean, we all know good 'ol Charlie, sells more fakes, that a vicar eats cakes at a tea party, BUT sell's them he does, and still makes a damm good living from it. Are the people that are buying his stuff really internet illiterate? When I started collecting (and many others) there was no internet, and no books to speak of, even the angola books were in B/W. Most of the fakes then (in the 70's) were made in the UK for the US market, people got burned, and that was that, no recourse.no "backing" no forums, nothing. But today we have all of these things that I could have done with then, and yet people still buy crap, thinking there's a bargain to be had because it's cheap. Even Eva's knickers, they've been going around on his site for about 5 years.
    He is hated, loathed, and despised...................But who has the last laugh ...............

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I find things like this really baffle me, I mean, we all know good 'ol Charlie, sells more fakes, that a vicar eats cakes at a tea party, BUT sell's them he does, and still makes a damm good living from it. Are the people that are buying his stuff really internet illiterate? When I started collecting (and many others) there was no internet, and no books to speak of, even the angola books were in B/W. Most of the fakes then (in the 70's) were made in the UK for the US market, people got burned, and that was that, no recourse.no "backing" no forums, nothing. But today we have all of these things that I could have done with then, and yet people still buy crap, thinking there's a bargain to be had because it's cheap. Even Eva's knickers, they've been going around on his site for about 5 years.
    He is hated, loathed, and despised...................But who has the last laugh ...............
    Very true mate. Stewy

I think the main problem is, is that he does, Indeed, have Some good things-and he knows how to make himself sound like a very knowledgeable expert. But, to sort out the wheat from the chaff is a Herculean effort. The people that are still buying this lovely person's stuff, I think, are like the people who buy Lottery tickets-they're hoping that They find the diamond in the manure pile. But it's a Big pile...and a Small diamond... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Certain dealers only "catch" Newbies & always will. But i do think,of late. Folks new to the hobby have more access to info due to forums like this. Which gives them an oppitunity to research or ask questions before they buy. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Certain dealers only "catch" Newbies & always will. But i do think,of late. Folks new to the hobby have more access to info due to forums like this. Which gives them an oppitunity to research or ask questions before they buy. Stewy
    I think this is exactly the case. As I stated earlier, I found Snyders site when I first started down the road of tyring to ID some stuff I got for the kid.......MAN THIS SITE IS COOL was the first thing that came to mind...look at all the pretty helmets. Had I had a pocket full of pennies to drop, I might have picked up a couple, unaware of the real pricing of such helmets or the likely hood (or lack of) of one man having some many wonderful treasures. I'm sure he does not get too many repeat customers, unless a one site shopper that does not go out and learn a bit about what he or she is collection.....

The first opinion I asked for here was an SS tk and eagle he had for sale and it was universally panned, I've never bothered to look at his site since.

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    I think this is exactly the case. As I stated earlier, I found Snyders site when I first started down the road of tyring to ID some stuff I got for the kid.......MAN THIS SITE IS COOL was the first thing that came to mind...look at all the pretty helmets. Had I had a pocket full of pennies to drop, I might have picked up a couple, unaware of the real pricing of such helmets or the likely hood (or lack of) of one man having some many wonderful treasures. I'm sure he does not get too many repeat customers, unless a one site shopper that does not go out and learn a bit about what he or she is collection.....
    Unfortunately there's enough "one hitters" out there to keep them going. But hopefully they're finding it harder. That's due to the likes of us,the forum members here or wherever to make it harder to earn their "dishonest buck". Keep up the good work folks! Stewy

I decided to have a look at some of his items again... he's selling some strands of (supposedly) Eva Braun's hair. Why would anyone want that even if it was guaranteed original? I've seen an auction before claiming to be for her and Hitler's hair, and it had bids!

Mat

Why are we even having a conversation about this guy? He will love this publicity !!!!

Just ignore these crooks !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Just one observation... How can he have a Signed 8x10 of Eva Braun... wasn't she kinda in the background?? I can't imagine her signing photo's ... "Hi I'm Eva Braun I'm Adolfs squeeze, let me sign that for you" lol

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast