Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Snyders Treasures

Article about: Just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with Snyders Treasures and if he is reliable? He seems to have an amazing collection of Eva Braun stuff that a GI from 101st Airborne supposedl

Good! The next step is to call PayPal Customer Service and give them all of your facts and info and they should be able to take care of this.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by StefanM View Post
    ...seems like I am the only person on the planet to have enjoyed several perfect transactions and to have received 100% authentic products from this "treasure" house .... I feel truly blessed
    There are indeed a few original items at the bottom of Hitler's underwear drawer.

Quote by Wishmaster View Post
    Just an FYI, when buying any paper documents, use a UV black light to test them. If I hadn't I would have never known his posters were modern copies "fakes."
    Unfortunately this is not a reliable indicator because chemical brighteners have been a feature in paper manufacture ever since "white" paper has been used to print on especially since the introduction of lithography in print.

The posters you purchased might have been dot-for-dot rescans assuming they are high quality mass produced copies on age effect papers or simply a high end scan of an original whereby the aged look is produced in the scanning and halftone screening. Meaning the screening in the aged looking areas would be visible under magnification. Another feature of a lot of modern print is the use of higher screen frequencies with different halftone dot profiles than used in the 1940s where paper quality and print reproduction was for the most part not as high as is today.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Unfortunately this is not a reliable indicator because chemical brighteners have been a feature in paper manufacture ever since "white" paper has been used to print on especially since the introduction of lithography in print.

The posters you purchased might have been dot-for-dot rescans assuming they are high quality mass produced copies on age effect papers or simply a high end scan of an original whereby the aged look is produced in the scanning and halftone screening. Meaning the screening in the aged looking areas would be visible under magnification. Another feature of a lot of modern print is the use of higher screen frequencies with different halftone dot profiles than used in the 1940s where paper quality and print reproduction was for the most part not as high as is today.
    Totally agree , the UV test on items has it's flaws , some fakers know how.

I believe bank note paper is one of the few papers deliberately manufactured with no FWAs so that only the security strip "glows" under UV.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

The posters I purchased from Snyder's were supposed to be from the mid 1930's. I actually own a large collection of Wanted posters from that time period. Every singe authentic poster I have from the 1930's remains dark under the UV light. Snyder's posters glow like a Christmas tree under the UV. I also had an auction house look at one and they analyzed the ink and printing. They confirmed it was a modern copy.

Remember guys you've only got 45 days to open a dispute through paypal if you've got any prob's.

matty

Just found this:

ALBANIA-1 WW2 Waffen SS Heavy Brass Three Dimensional Standarte Flag Pole TOPPER | eBay

Looks like he's peddling his wares on Fleabay now, or a 'close personal friend' is on his behalf!

I wish I could see whats on his website. My computer slings me off within seconds of visiting!

Note the ebay seller says 'most knowledgeable site on the web for this kind of memorabilia' LOL That's not a good thing!!!

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    I wish I could see whats on his website. My computer slings me off within seconds of visiting!

Note the ebay seller says 'most knowledgeable site on the web for this kind of memorabilia' LOL That's not a good thing!!!
    That's the bit that made me laugh!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast