Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

So I've got a job.

Article about: I've got a job and I'm looking to spread into higher priced items like badges, hats, and uniforms. I fail to see any salty uniforms on the collector's guild. Am I missing like the..."ba

Default So I've got a job.

I've got a job and I'm looking to spread into higher priced items like badges, hats, and uniforms.

I fail to see any salty uniforms on the collector's guild. Am I missing like the..."bad condition items dump"?

I'm not looking to get anything over $200 as a start. What should I get?

?

Luftwaffe Hauptmann, even the worst condition items command a pretty penny..
    What type of uniforms or headgear are you trying to purchase if I may ask ?? Gwar

?

It depends on what you already have...

1.) Collect what makes you happy or at least holds your interest. If you are looking for someone else’s suggestions for what to collect, it will be someone else’s collection and not your own. It will eventually become a bore.
    2.) If your interests are too broad, or too expensive, purchase reference books. Doing so, may help you narrow down what you find interesting and they tend to pay for themselves in the long run. I especially buy reference books when I cannot find any items worthy of purchase. There are also plenty of internet collector websites, that are worth reviewing too.
    3.) Ideally, go to military museums or miltaria shows so you can examine items and meet fellow collectors many of which are only too happy to share information when they see you possess a genuine interest in collecting. I would not have retained my interest in militaria collecting without a few considerate mentors along the way.
    4.) Save your money and acquire fewer items, but in better condition. If and when you no longer possess an interest or your collecting direction changes and have purchased quality conditioned items you will make a decent profit or at the very least get your money back out the items.
    5.) If you are waiting for complete strangers to share their best “fishing holes” with you especially so in an international forum, you might just have a long wait.

Regards,

Lance

I can't think of a hat, cap or uniform that would sell for under $200....even in shaggy condition. And not many quality badges either...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Luftwaffe Hauptmann View Post
    I'm not looking to get anything over $200 as a start. What should I get?
    Get a couple of GOOD reference books .... you will not regret it.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Smile

Im with Danmark on this one.

Invest in books, books and more books.

--------
    Edit:

Forgot to suggest a tiny detail. If you save 200+ every month, then you can give yourself a wonderful gift every christmas. But then you must have the strenght to save money every month, and NOT touch the money before the start of decembre.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The collector's Guild is one of the higher priced dealer sites out there, why not look at places like lakeside trader or Timer Travellers. As suggested you should look into some solid reference material. With 200 being the high water line its hard to find anything that is " higher priced" with most headgear starting around 4-500 and most uniforms starting at around 4-600 in really beat up shape. Maybe you could look into picking up some insignia like breast eagles or collar tabs like the 29th Waffen Grenadier tabs which go for around 100-150. Also as said above it a good idea to save and wait for the bigger items that you want.

Morris

I would ask how this young fellow went when making his collecting choice but it would seem he has been banned for some rather strange comments. Any way regardless everyone who posted in this thread should know that their advice was sound and helpful regardless if the OP read it or not.

Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I would ask how this young fellow went when making his collecting choice but it would seem he has been banned for some rather strange comments. Any way regardless everyone who posted in this thread should know that their advice was sound and helpful regardless if the OP read it or not.

Morris
    He was basically banned because he was already banned under another user name.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)