Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

something for all the gun nuts out there

Article about: for all you gun nuts out there check out this guy on YouTube YouTube - ‪FPSRussia's Channel‬‏

?

Thumbs up something for all the gun nuts out there

for all you gun nuts out there check out this guy on YouTube

YouTube - ‪FPSRussia's Channel‬‏

?

Default Re: something for all the gun nuts out there

Well i must say thats a pretty impressive weapon for a shotgun and i daresay many swat teams could utilise it and possibly military but i cant imagine the USA or other western powers buying Russian armaments

?

I fell in love the first time I saw one of those!
    ~Dean

Wow! That really packs a punch !

Not so impressive to me lads, fully auto shotguns are of extremely limited use. I owned a fully auto shotgun made by the Russian firm Tula Gunsmiths in the '80's. It was pretty much useless as a weapon, but i guess that if it were used in combat conditions, it would keep the bad guys heads down for a few seconds, but you can't beat semi auto or a pump action for controlled aggression!

As for the fella taking out the door, that's just a joke, you don't go trying to cut it in half crossways or down the locks. Most entry teams use 'Hatton' rounds or the similar 'Avon' round (Ding-Dong!! Avon calling....!!) to take out the hinges and then kick it in.

This weapon is typical of the Russian way of thinking, look at the ubiquitous AK-47 and it's derivatives, unlike any western designed weapon it goes from 'Safe' to 'Fully Auto' and then to 'Single shot/Semi Auto'. Never mind one shot one kill, it's for poorly trained troops where marksmanship comes second to indiscriminate fire. Basically their doctrine is 'Give it loads'

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 05-29-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I more than agree with you Ned. My friend customizes/messes with guns for a side-job and has converted some of his collection to fully auto (sks/etc). I agree it may be fun to watch, but after the first time shooting, you quickly realize you would not want to shoot on full auto. Just the cost of ammo alone is ridiculous no matter what gun it is. Accuracy ***** on full auto anyway. I have more fun shooting the good ol mosin nagant mid-range compared to the full autos.

Like I said tho, it is most certainly fun watching some1 else waste $10 in 15 seconds!!

kb173 ken
    ?

the only use I could see for that gun is for a mass murderer in a crowded room. No military conection whatever.
    Ken

I've been moving almost everything toward CQC and within around 100 yards but I've always had
    my 12 guage pump available for night time intruders. They can rummage around down stairs all they
    want waiting for the cops to show up but once they touch the stairs all bets are off.
    Figure I'll stick with that 'cause if I can't stop some one on a stair case with 7 rounds, 25 wouldn't
    have made much difference. I'd have lost that war.

I was thinking however that if you are in a situation that requires that many rounds to take out your
    aggressors you let them get to close and one is gonna get your ***.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa