Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Source for affordable torso mannequins??

Article about: Hi all, I need another torso for one of my groupings, I usually buy from Dave Webster of Webster Displays, but it looks like his site is not up any more. Also, even if the site were up, righ

Question Source for affordable torso mannequins??

Hi all,

I need another torso for one of my groupings, I usually buy from Dave Webster of Webster Displays, but it looks like his site is not up any more. Also, even if the site were up, right now I really don't want to give up $60 for something I will have to shave away half of to accommodate a small WWI uniform. If someone knows of a source for decent and affordable torso's, I would appreciate a lead. Thanks.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Source for affordable torso mannequins??

Anyone ever use these? If so, are they decent items?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Anyone used this type? ...a child size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Steven M, i use the make 'K & L' child/youth (teenager) mannequins for Imperial German tunics wiyh a 30-32" chest, they are perfect for most, ive obtained these locally thro flea bay. This type of mannequin is usually vintage/old so suit the tunic display, i pay no more then £20-25.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Steven M, i use the make 'K & L' child/youth (teenager) mannequins for Imperial German tunics wiyh a 30-32" chest, they are perfect for most, ive obtained these locally thro flea bay. This type of mannequin is usually vintage/old so suit the tunic display, i pay no more then £20-25.
    Howdy, thanks! Is that the second model I posted?

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Howdy, thanks! Is that the second model I posted?
    ....yes, they are of the same type, i dont like the plastic half shell torso, as i think they are to flimsy, especially if the tunic display is going to include a chest full of medals !