Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The ss

Article about: HI FOLKS JUST NOTICED THAT A DOCUMENTRY ON THE SS IS ON 531 MILITARY ON SKY TV AT 11.00PM. ITS CALLED DEATHSHEAD TROOPS AND IF IT IS THE LAST ONE I SEEN A LITTLE WHILE BACK IT ANSWERS A QUES

Default The ss

HI FOLKS JUST NOTICED THAT A DOCUMENTRY ON THE SS IS ON 531 MILITARY ON SKY TV AT 11.00PM.

ITS CALLED DEATHSHEAD TROOPS AND IF IT IS THE LAST ONE I SEEN A LITTLE WHILE BACK IT ANSWERS A QUESTION THAT WAS IN A THREAD AT THE TIME SOMETHING TO DO WITH EVA BRAUNS SISTERS HUSBAND HIS NAME WAS IT?

I CANT FULLY REMEMBER BUT MISSED THE SS OFFICERS NAME THAT NIGHT AS A FEW FREINDS WERE IN AND HAD A BOTTLE OF WINE OPEN

I ALSO THINK IT WAS A QUESTION ASKED BY PHIL B WHO IS NO LONGER HERE CAN ANYONE REMEMBER IT?

ANYWAY IT IS A GOOD PROGRAM AND HAS HUNDREDS OF NICE SS ORIGINAL MILITARIA TO SEE.

PLEASE WATCH IT.

CHEERS GUYS

Default Re: The ss

Hi Ewan, I don't have SKY but I have seen the programme.

The SS officers name you are thinking of is SS-Obergruppenführer Hermann Fegelein.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi ade i couldnt do without the sky for all things ww2. I cannot remember if that was the question at the time who knows.

Glad you have seen this one tho ade as it has info on the kz gaurds who were 'monsters' and to see that any ss member not just the waffen ss was given no compassion and killed/treated worse than dogs at wars end. not all were hitlers lackys and monster kz gaurds. Jmo cheers

?

Fegelein was shot near to the wars end for desertion , he was Himmlers liaison officer in the Fuhrerbunker and didn't fancy the final battles , he was highly decorated but was also with the SS Cavalry Brigade whern they committed atrocities in Russia during the arly stages of Barbarossa.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings