Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS divisional insignia used by NATO soldiers

Article about: Hi guys, This is old but I found it to be interesting nonetheless. I wonder whose idea this was! NATO SS? Czech troops wear Nazi insignia in Afghanistan - YouTube

Default SS divisional insignia used by NATO soldiers

Hi guys,

This is old but I found it to be interesting nonetheless. I wonder whose idea this was!

NATO SS? Czech troops wear Nazi insignia in Afghanistan - YouTube

?

Default Re: SS divisional insignia used by NATO soldiers

I think a few heads might roll over this one!

They already have.....Afghani ones...

?

I can understand the hooha caused by this but they were divisional signs of SS , not actual SS emblems, runes, swastikas etc, there have been many instances of US troops wearing skulls in Vietnam which would , if taken to an extreme depict Totenkopf SS, yet ive never heard of any troops being suspended, court marshalled or prosecuted, but the question remains who spotted these insignia, who brought the incident to light and who would have recognised the insignia, its not exactly something that ordinary soldiers would be aware of unless the two involved made it public knowledge themselves and if they did then more fool them

With the amount of non regulation ensignia worn in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last 10 years by all parties is this really so suprising.
    There was a whole industry based on their manufacture.Are these any diffrent to say a Taliban hunting club shoulder patch,not in my opinion.
    Politically correct bull dung.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-10-2012 at 07:11 AM. Reason: spelllin

?

In today's politically correct and media obsessed society you have to admit it was a very poor choice, especially the Dirlewanger emblem. However, listening to the report, there is an underlying current of this behaviour so I doubt the soldiers in question thought it was going to cause a furore as it may well be completely 'normal' for them.
    Either way - it wasn't the best idea!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes Adrian,Just a poor choice whilst in the eye of the media.
    Have a good one

?

*sigh*
    Keep in mind this is the media, and they will blow everything out of proportion. Two soldiers wore insignia of SS Divisions, and the news reporters are talking about racism (and they didn't ask an army official for comment, just a non-violence movement rep). In one report a "German Consultant" goes on about how them wearing the swastika is bad, while no swastikas were present, so...

However a different report mentions that those two were particularly aggressive/rude to locals. And they received 5 years in prison.

Nitram

you never know maybe his name was hans and he liked swords and shields

i personally think like usually the medias screwed up again making out everything even partially ww2 german is nazi............... just look at the top 2 comments

Blown WAY out of proportion like usual

?

This sort of thing is far from new it's been going on for years particulary those in the forces who are collectors or interested on the Waffen SS / FSJ etc , the choice of Dirlewanger was a very stupid choice and bound to attract attention. Then article is typical of the RT coverage of anything seen as possibly Fascist !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast