Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Hauptsturmführer Michael Wittmann headstone plaque removed !!!

Article about: As of 20th July 2015 --------------------------- Looking for all relevant info & items on WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research. The Monsun U-Boats – WW2 German

Default SS-Hauptsturmführer Michael Wittmann headstone plaque removed !!!

As of 20th July 2015

---------------------------
    Looking for all relevant info & items on WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
    The Monsun U-Boats – WW2 German Submarines In Asia

?

Did this really happen????? Link Please.
    If it did I understand that such a Great Panzer commanders could be honored for his feats , But to steal the sacred marker for his eternal rest is as bad as the items stolen from the KZ camps. I hope that the perpetrator rots in Hell.
    No matter what side you fought for, If you were a true warrior and fought the fight with honor, The Respect should be shown.

Semper Fi
    Phil

not the first time and not him alone it seems.

Headstone of Field Marshal Walter Model stolen from Cemetery
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I have said it before, and i will say it again: The problem today is nonexisting punishments.

Grown up people who does such acts should be punished by working on the railroad for a minimum of 12months, 12hours a day no days off. Equipped with a big sledgehammer, a 15kg chain and ball around their legs and surronded by armed guards with standing order to "Shoot to kill".

Yes i whole heartly believe it is the way to go- no i do not believe in "Cumbayah-my lord" punishments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (198.7 KB, 1 views)

I wonder who's collection that now sits in...... ( and I am not implying any member here )

?

....I was planning a trip there in the next few weeks

An ongoing problem. As I mentioned in the thread Jerry posted the link to, I first heard about these thefts back in 1989 when I visited his grave on a trip to Normandy for the 45th Anniversary of D Day.

This is just so wrong.

Cjeers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It's bad enough to steal from graves, it's even worse that there are morally corrupt collectors that will pay big money for them, creating the market. Sick, sick, sick.

Bad form.

Jonathan.

They also took the eagle on the Omaha Beach engineer monument.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast