Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Komandant living in Minesota since 1949, JA?

Article about: You cannot get a fair trial when you are on the losing side. The winners write the history, just look at the Roman Conquests, the said everyone non-roman was a Barbar. This is the picture we

Default SS Komandant living in Minesota since 1949, JA?

Appears unwilling to discuss his service at length, or at all?

I alway wonder (as we are all afflicted with at least a little bit of a conscience?), do these people have bad dreams? Do they have trouble sleeping at night? Do they ever forget?

Nazi SS unit commander exposed after 6 decades in US | The Journal Gazette

Commander in Nazi SS-led unit linked to atrocities living in Minnesota

One thing that was informative in the article was how Ukrainians look at people who joined the SS as heroes, I never realized this.

Learned something new today ;-)

Default Re: SS Komandant living in Minesota since 1949, JA?

I think a trip to the Holocaust museum is in order...

Im always amazed how the media can put Nazi and SS in the same sentence together.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

He was a member of terrorist organization OUN, collaborated with the Germans, killed civilians and fought against partisans as member of ukrainian "police" in occupied Poland eventually to join Galizien W-SS division.

Wonderful...another Ivan Demjanjuk case to put on trial in the media....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Im always amazed how the media can put Nazi and SS in the same sentence together.
    The media paints every German soldier or foreign ss soldier to be racist people who went around like bandits killing innocent people.
    Some death squads did go around doing this but many of the soldiers just tried to survive the gunfire of being in battle and war.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Godwin's law dictates than any talk of the SS will inevitably lead to the Nazis.

(Just a joke, don't take that too seriously...)

Daniel exactly sums up my thoughts of the media.....they tend to do more overall damage to the majority in any circumstance..by twisting words and also by word association. Right away in the article above...if those who will follow it.......the media is always great for doing this..will" ASSUME FIRST "..and apply guilty by associaition..or just by being there. Does that mean all German soldiers Wehrmacht Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine. also will be stereo typed into this media frenzy of misinformation??....Of course it will..be cause they are German. So those who survived the war..and even the few are left now during this time,,still live quiet lives..because of the Media. Some are proud to have served their duties in the non political branches I mentioned above.

I can not say much about the man accused in the article as I myself dont know all the details..and have not been released yet,, but as the same for the Ohio auto worker. ...... John Demjanjuk.....this too will become a media circus of speculation. These days anymore a person regardless of what crime the committed..are guilty until proven innocent. If he is found guilty then so be it,,,let justice be served......but most likely this Guy will not live out his days because of his advanced age. Years upon years this trial will be drawn out.

Those who live in climatic weather areas of change..can understand how the Media will hype up a dusting of snow to a cataclysmic freight train of destruction..which sends people scurrying with their tails between their legs to the supermarket buying months worth of food everytime there is a threat of snow or rain. Funny in the more densely populated areas there are convenience stores within walking distance......so with the Media those who fit the criteria of the of believing everything they hear..will be the first to condemn...anyone because the media said so........................So now I will really tell you how I feel
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As usual "trial by media" and "guilty by association"

How many communists were convicted of the murder of millions of Ukrainian civilians, by starvation before WW2.

?

Typical garbage journalism.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast