Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss pic book

Article about: I recomend the book eastern front ss secret archive,by ian baxter.plenty of previouslly unpublished pics of ss on the russian front and many of the pics came from some soldiers that survived

Default Ss pic book

I recomend the book eastern front ss secret archive,by ian baxter.plenty of previouslly unpublished pics of ss on the russian front and many of the pics came from some soldiers that survived.there is an excelent large clear pic of a battle hardened ss man in m40 steel helmet with great coat around narva/page 152-3.also an excellent grave marker helmet pic on a cross to an ss soldier/page19.many many more pics and rare ones.

?

Default Re: Ss pic book

Maybe not so rare !! The photo from Narva is a well known one of members of the General Seyffardt Regiment in the Narva Bridgehead, i have it as my screensaver !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Its certainly a greata picture Paul, and i have it opened at that page as a background to my collection of helmets.

sound great can someone post the pic

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Here you go Nick, it is taken on the east bank of the river in the bridgehead itself in the background on the west bank is the Hermmansburg fortress in Narva.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Wow! Thanks Paul! A great image He looks like nothing will get past him

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Here you go Nick, it is taken on the east bank of the river in the bridgehead itself in the background on the west bank is the Hermmansburg fortress in Narva.
    superb picture! thanks for showing paul, is that guy trying to get some sleep?

?

I think he is mate , this photo was probably taken around March 1944 when the combat in the Narva Bridgehead was very heavy.

Most of the men in this photo probably didn't make it out of Narva as SS Panzer Gren Rgt 48 "General Seyffardt " was completely destroyed in the forests near Repniku during the retreat to the Tannenberg line in late July 1944.

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul E View Post
    I think he is mate , this photo was probably taken around March 1944 when the combat in the Narva Bridgehead was very heavy.

Most of the men in this photo probably didn't make it out of Narva as SS Panzer Gren Rgt 48 "General Seyffardt " was completely destroyed in the forests near Repniku during the retreat to the Tannenberg line in late July 1944.
    thats a shame. thanks for that bit of info paul! anyone any more pics form that book or like these ss in narva?

Paula e thanks for putting the pic on for others to see.