MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Staligrad 2013 movie trailer

Article about: Hi This is the new Stalingrad movie trailer. Looks good to me. Martin Stalingrad 2013 trailer -

?

Default Re: Staligrad 2013 movie trailer

Watching the German soldiers in those scenes, I cant help but wonder how many of those helmets are now being sold on Ebay as "Original, WW2 German Helmets from Stalingrad"....

I read somewhere that this director has gone down the melodramatic and romantic way wiith similar movies in the past... at first when I viewed the trailer a while back I though it looked kind of nice, that was until I noticed inclusion of the seemingly obligatory "romance/love in midst of terrible hardship" cliche.
    I wish they would follow the path of the 1993 version which portrayed the batle from the German perspective in an unflinching and very non-romanticized way. I don't know what it is with these directors using this same cliche over and over again... must be for the simple sake of filling more seats in theaters/selling more copies, either that or they're just plain ignorant.

?

Adding a "Love Story" into a movie about a "Historical" fact is idiotic. Which is why movies like Pearl Harbor and Red Tails are HORRIBLE...and true to life films like Saving Private Ryan and the series Band Of Brothers win widespread acclaim and numerous awards.

When companies spend large amounts of money making such large scale films they do try to maximise the potential audience. thus the romance and other clichés like 'happy endings' for central characters but then again it's called 'Show Business' not 'Show Show'...

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    This will be really cool to see in 3D I cant wait...just hope its not full of cliche's and corny predictable plot lines, even though we pretty much know the ending lol
    Spoiler alert!

By watching the trailer i have a good feeling about this... But hey, this is the purpose of the trailer! The same feeling had for Red Tails and when the movie was over i wanted to kick the producer and the director... Let's hope this won't happen with this one!

?

I hope they didnt do a 'Pearl Harbour' on it.

PH = what an awful and falsely marketed silly romantic 'movie.'

Quote by ZigZag View Post
    Adding a "Love Story" into a movie about a "Historical" fact is idiotic. Which is why movies like Pearl Harbor and Red Tails are HORRIBLE...and true to life films like Saving Private Ryan and the series Band Of Brothers win widespread acclaim and numerous awards.
    Its all about the box office revenues ! They need to attract the female audience too !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Scout View Post
    I hope they didnt do a 'Pearl Harbour' on it.

PH = what an awful and falsely marketed silly romantic 'movie.'
    Exactly! A romantic movie not a war documentary! I was totally entertained !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My girlfriend is Russian and one of things that has struck me, which is perhaps a trait, is the need to have or romanticize everything.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast