Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Staligrad 2013 movie trailer

Article about: Hi This is the new Stalingrad movie trailer. Looks good to me. Martin Stalingrad 2013 trailer -

Default Re: Staligrad 2013 movie trailer

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Funny this is though mate she hated Pearl Harbour

Nick
    Haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Good Lord!-did anyone actually like it?-bloody terrible film-Michael Bay does WW2...

I liked it too
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    I've watched my fair share of Russian war movies the past couple of years. I don't know how this will turn out, I do however feel that scenes like the mass execution scene of the retreating Russians by their own (as seen in EATG), will not be in this one. There is a lot of revisionist history going on in Russia these days, as I have witnessed in several other Russian movies.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be "ohh look how these glorious soviet soldiers defend their homeland against the fascist hordes" - with a crappy ending involving someone finding the love of their life in the midst of the chaos.
    Allow me to recommend the Russian movie 'Утомлённые солнцем' (Burnt by the Sun - Nikita Mikhalkov 1994).
    It takes place during the late thirties purges in Russia.
    Its not an action packed shoot-em-up movie by a long shot (no pun intended), but its starkly beautiful filmed, well played and the movie oozes of the very characteristic melancholic Russian mentality and the traits, which makes some Russian movies a special experience to watch (no, Im not a re-incarnation of Roger Ebert - I just liked the movie).

Non-spoiler plot alert: Russia, 1936 - revolutionary hero Colonel Kotov is spending an idyllic summer in his dacha with his young wife and six-year-old daughter Nadia and other assorted family and friends. Things change dramatically with the unheralded arrival of Cousin Dmitri from Moscow, who charms the women and little Nadia with his games and pianistic bravura. But Kotov isn't fooled: this is the time of Stalin's repression, with telephone calls in the middle of the night spelling doom - and he knows that Dmitri isn't paying a social call.

Burnt by the Sun takes place over the course of one day.

Russian director and actor Nikita Mikhalkov (main character) is excellent both behind the camera when directing the movie and in the role of Colonel Kotov.
    Oleg Menshikov is most excellent as well and perfect for the role of Mitya.

NB Disregard the sequel(s).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by dramos View Post
    Looks like a cool movie. As usual there is a love story, but hopefully it doesn't take over the entire movie.
    There's a woman in it ? as my old dad used to say "That's ruined it !"
    Roll eyes ! Steve.

CBH
    ?

Well they looked like they tried to make them look like German tanks , remember movies from the 60's & 70's with M-48 with a German cross painted on the side !

And Scout I also loved "Burnt by the Sun" great movie . Both sad and beautiful at the same time . But you can't beat "Cross of Iron" for a war movie .

Cheers Chris

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    And Scout I also loved "Burnt by the Sun" great movie . Both sad and beautiful at the same time
    I agree - well put.

Quote by CBH View Post
    But you can't beat "Cross of Iron" for a war movie .
    Quite another kettle of fish alltogether.
    A classic war movie and one that has stood the test of time.
    Peckinpah and Coburn - a tough combination to beat.
    When Peckinpah is bad, he is good. When he is good, he is VERY good!

As for tough guy actors in the same vein as Coburn, I also like Lee Marvin in 'The Big Red One.'

Lee Marvin was in the USMC during WWII. He was wounded whilst on Saipan.

The director, Sam Fuller, served as a rifleman in the U.S. 1st Infantry Division during World War II. Fuller saw action in North Africa, Sicily, Omaha Beach on D-Day, and then on through Europe to Czechoslovakia. He was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and Purple Heart. He later used many of his war experiences in 'The Big Red One.'

?

Just Googled Lee Marvin & the Big Red 1...Interesting 10 minute read!!!. Cheers Terry.

Sam Fuller said the only way to make a truly accurate war movie was to randomly spray the audience with a machine gun....

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Just Googled Lee Marvin & the Big Red 1...Interesting 10 minute read!!!. Cheers Terry.
    Supposedly, Lee Marvin took part in invasions of several (if not many) islands in the Pacific Island Hopping Campaign during his stint in the USMC in WWII.
    Some sources quote as many as 21 islands.
    So he certainly had military experience, which could be used in his mlitary roles.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast