Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Staligrad 2013 movie trailer

Article about: Hi This is the new Stalingrad movie trailer. Looks good to me. Martin Stalingrad 2013 trailer -

Default Re: Staligrad 2013 movie trailer

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Good Lord!-did anyone actually like it?-bloody terrible film-Michael Bay does WW2...
    I found it entertaining. But then again as long as colours are moving on a screen im basically sorted Just for you, heres the Pearl Harbour sucked song from Team America

Team America - Pearl Harbor Sucked - YouTube

Quote by Scout View Post
    Supposedly, Lee Marvin took part in invasions of several (if not many) islands in the Pacific Island Hopping Campaign during his stint in the USMC in WWII.
    Some sources quote as many as 21 islands.
    So he certainly had military experience, which could be used in his mlitary roles.
    I watched the DVD extras on my copy of BR1. In an interview with Mark Hamill he said that the actors had a range day to get accustomed to the M1s etc. Apparently Marvin turned up and unimpressed took up an M1 and fired off a clip around the other actors feet, said "that's how we killed people" and stormed off. Also, Sam Fuller apparently carried a .45 Colt on set which he would fire into the air to add to realism or give the actors their cue. Truly theirs was the greatest generation.

There's a love story involved? It had better be between Paulus and his new boots because I am tired of this 'love overcomes all' attitude in war movies. They ought to make it realistic and have them both get blown up by a PzIV in the middle of the sex scene.

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    I watched the DVD extras on my copy of BR1. In an interview with Mark Hamill he said that the actors had a range day to get accustomed to the M1s etc. Apparently Marvin turned up and unimpressed took up an M1 and fired off a clip around the other actors feet, said "that's how we killed people" and stormed off. Also, Sam Fuller apparently carried a .45 Colt on set which he would fire into the air to add to realism or give the actors their cue. Truly theirs was the greatest generation.
    Excellent!
    Men from a simpler more tough time with no idiotic PC (not that I advocate making people dance by shooting around the feet of passers by with live rounds).

Indeed the greatest generation.

?

Looks awesome! Like OB said hope the love story does not take center stage of the movie! Always love to see Thomas Kretschmann! Downfall, Valkyrie, The Pianist, Plus many more & lets not forget in the original Stalingrad so to speak although this movie does not appear in anyway to be a remake of that film. The horrendously bad over dubbed voices in Stalingrad always made me laugh but did love it as it was one of the rare film's showing the German army's side of the war! Cheers! Sean.

Looks great to me :-)

But as said before, hopefully not a love story, like the otherwise fabulous "red baron" !!!!!
    Mfg
    Marc

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Looks great to me :-)

But as said before, hopefully not a love story, like the otherwise fabulous "red baron" !!!!!
    Mfg
    Marc
    A badly made film imo. It had so much more potential. That is one film I did find a bit disappointing. I suppose I wanted more Spielbergesque thrills and spills

Nick

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

In my opinion, the song choice was a kind of an weird and dumb one. This is an Russian film and I think something more dramatic and culturally Russian would have fitted the trailer better. The film seems very effect based: 3D, IMAX etc, which is truly sad, because usually the story line of the movie in those kinds of movies seem to be quite bad. I just don't want some typical Hollywood type war film, I want an non-biased look on the largest battle that ever took place and how horrendous it was.

I think this would have been very fitting: Stahlhammer - Stahlingrad - YouTube

Or maybe this: Benny Hill Theme - YouTube

?

I've been waiting for them to release that Rommel Series which was on German TV a year ago...Every copy online is in German and I dont speak it well enough to understand it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast