Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sticky Question

Article about: by stuka f Often seen on VW beetle metings! Like Nick said, you might find your (helpless) car dammaged! But they have the same logo on "T" shirts ...a better way to check reaction

Default Re: Sticky Question

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Often seen on VW beetle metings!
    Like Nick said, you might find your (helpless) car dammaged!
    But they have the same logo on "T" shirts ...a better way to check reactions, to my opinion!
    cheers
    |<
    The other day in college I was just sitting minding my business, when... somebody walked into the cafeteria wearing this and I was like
    Thanks, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was looking for that one!
    There some more, in that spirit!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I think when most people see that outstretched eagle one thing springs to mind...Nazi

Although there is no swastika present the art work is remnant of that time and many recognize that style to this day. The eagle clutching the wreath itself,,, is enough to send them crying foul. Maybe put it on on of your den windows not facing the neighbors I kinda like it though,,, and VW is German.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by mauser98k View Post
    I think when most people see that outstretched eagle one thing springs to mind...Nazi
    Indeed, Nazi boy, what a muppet.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

ho ! dear I have one on my mercedes,no problems.

It's an unfortunate truth that nearly any symbol associated with Germany is often misconstrued as being "Nazi." In the 1970's we had a 31-foot sloop that we sailed on San Francisco Bay. I regularly flew the US flag from the main luff as nautical protocol dictates for vessels under sail. But I also had a small reproduction of a WWI KaiserlicheMarine flag that I occasionally flew from the stern when we were anchored out or moored to a buoy. It turned out to be a bad idea and after a couple of ugly run-ins with liberal sail boaters who were either "offended" or "inccnsed" at my display of a "hate symbol" I quit flying it. As you can see from the photo below, other than possibly the iron cross, there is nothing even remotely associated with the NSDAP. I think the whole overreaction to everything that is perceived to be "Nazi" is silly, but, sadly, it's the reality as we know it today. Dwight

?

But almost no one have any problem seeing a red flag with hammer and sickle... It is a strange world.

Simply cut off the eagle. See if she'll go for that.........
    Regards,

Steve.

but you could get away with it if you stick on on a harley or ride one. not saying all harley riders are in to that. im not saying i agree with it just adding my opinon. i had a guy tell me that he wore his grandpars ss diner uniform to a fancy dress party and the neighbours rang the police on him. he just said maybe he should have given it more thought.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast