Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Stolen firearm found

Article about: I was notified today that I can go and pick up a .45 pistol that was stolen from my residence almost 5 years ago. I had actually given up hope of ever seeing it again. The buggers removed th

Default Re: Stolen firearm found

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    That's great you got it back. Most people never see their stolen items again. Although I prefer a 45, if we are talking self defense, the best gun for the job, no doubt about it, is a revolver. I own a 2 38-specials, and a 357 magnum, they are a blast to shoot, no pun intended, and they are much easier to reload compared to a single magazine at least. I have a Glock 21C .45 auto as well, it is way too fun to shoot. I'll go to the gun range with several hundred .45 rounds and run out of ammo and have to leave 10 minutes later.

Corey
    Thanks Corey.

Do you really think it easier to reload a revolver than a pistol? Are you using speed loaders for your revolver? If you mean physically reloading the rounds into the mag, then yes, I agree.
    I used to do lots of shooting, but time constraints and cost of ammo has really put a stop to that, pity.

Tom

Keep the .45 in the house, and the .38 in your vehicle...
    it is protection correct?? Im sure theres a loop hole somewhere
    where it does not state something some how...
    And if it comes down to "you need one for protection"
    Yes I have ONE on my home and ONE in my car...

Quote by Wolfe1165 View Post
    I'm not familiar with South African law at all, but wouldn't the .45 be grandfathered since it was registered before the regulation was enacted? I don't know how being stolen would factor in. Then again I'm usually of the opinion of what they don't know can't be taken away As for defense, six shots of a .38 will put down anything that stands on two legs just as well as a .45... keep the one you would rather see passed on to someone down the line.
    It does not matter when you initially registered the weapon, today or decades ago, all of them have to be registered under the new laws, which has to be renewed every five years. That consists of a lecture, exam and firearm handling and shooting if licencing a new firearm, but only lecture and exam if renewing. Money making racket is what it is.

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thanks Corey.

Do you really think it easier to reload a revolver than a pistol? Are you using speed loaders for your revolver? If you mean physically reloading the rounds into the mag, then yes, I agree.
    I used to do lots of shooting, but time constraints and cost of ammo has really put a stop to that, pity.

Tom
    Tom/corey,

REMEMBER ONE SHOT ONE KILL...
    No need for speed loaders...

Quote by FJ5 chally View Post
    Keep the .45 in the house, and the .38 in your vehicle...
    it is protection correct?? Im sure theres a loop hole somewhere
    where it does not state something some how...
    And if it comes down to "you need one for protection"
    Yes I have ONE on my home and ONE in my car...
    There is no allowance for a weapon for home defense and one for elsewhere, only 1 firearm for self protection, period. Even if at home, my wife or son happen to use the weapon to protect themselves (in the event of me not being able to do so) they will be charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    There is no allowance for a weapon for home defense and one for elsewhere, only 1 firearm for self protection, period. Even if at home, my wife or son happen to use the weapon to protect themselves (in the event of me not being able to do so) they will be charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

Tom
    Tom,

I have a saying for that.. In the event that your wife/son does happen to have to use to protect them selfs, and I pray that does not come to that,
    I would rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six.. thats my saying..

Tom/corey,

REMEMBER ONE SHOT ONE KILL...
    No need for speed loaders...
    I know of seasoned professionals that discharge their firearms in the heat of the "battle" that cannot remember or believe the number of rounds that they fired off. In practice the one shot, one kill theory sounds good, but in reality it is sometimes way different. ;-)

Tom

I'd take the .45. Let us know about the condition, I hope it wasn't played around with too much.

Well, I do not want to sound as a racists but I belive in SA it is not a bad idea to have a family where all members have gun licences. So if You ahve a wife and 1-2 grown up kids it makes already 3-4 firearms in Your house. I do not know how bad the situation in SA is but in teh beginning of 90-ies everybody in the countryside had a shotgun, some rifles and who were members of the Defence League also had automatic weapons at home. Just crime rate was very high and as we all know police is only in te cities - in the countryside You are all alone and have to defend Yourself.

Tom,

I have a saying for that.. In the event that your wife/son does happen to have to use to protect them selfs, and I pray that does not come to that,
    I would rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six.. thats my saying..
    My sentiments exactly, simply stating the provisions of the law. Down here we do not have trial by jury, only one magistrate.
    Trouble with all the new laws in this country is the fact that they benefit the perpetrator more than the victim.

Tom

- - Updated - -

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I'd take the .45. Let us know about the condition, I hope it wasn't played around with too much.
    That's what I'm leaning towards at present too, but need to see condition first.

Tom

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast