Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Stolen firearm found

Article about: I was notified today that I can go and pick up a .45 pistol that was stolen from my residence almost 5 years ago. I had actually given up hope of ever seeing it again. The buggers removed th

Default Re: Stolen firearm found

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Well, I do not want to sound as a racists but I belive in SA it is not a bad idea to have a family where all members have gun licences. So if You ahve a wife and 1-2 grown up kids it makes already 3-4 firearms in Your house. I do not know how bad the situation in SA is but in teh beginning of 90-ies everybody in the countryside had a shotgun, some rifles and who were members of the Defence League also had automatic weapons at home. Just crime rate was very high and as we all know police is only in te cities - in the countryside You are all alone and have to defend Yourself.
    Not a matter of sounding racist, merely being realistic. Unfortunately my son is still under age and the wife really dislikes firearms, so refuses point blank to put the .38 on her name. I suggested this to hear years ago, but there you have it. More and more policemen are being killed for their service pistols, meaning the likelihood of encountering someone with a firearm is becoming greater and greater.
    Even firearms handed into the police for destroying are finding their way back into criminal hands.

Tom

Tom

[QUOTE=StuG III;699755]My sentiments exactly, simply stating the provisions of the law. Down here we do not have trial by jury, only one magistrate.
    Trouble with all the new laws in this country is the fact that they benefit the perpetrator more than the victim.

Tom

Well dont feel bad the perpetratratior has all the rights here in the USA as well...
    If your gonna shoot him/her MAKE DAMN SURE THEY ARE DEAD!!!!
    I woud rather have to face the Magstriate alone, and explane one story...
    It would be TONS easier on you...

I would have to vote on the unpopular side's view and go for the 45. A big massive bullet with sledge hammer power-totally impossible to ignore, even for a crack or meth head. (That, and they just Look cool...even the Shadow always carried a pair of them....lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Not a matter of sounding racist, merely being realistic. Unfortunately my son is still under age and the wife really dislikes firearms, so refuses point blank to put the .38 on her name. I suggested this to hear years ago, but there you have it. More and more policemen are being killed for their service pistols, meaning the likelihood of encountering someone with a firearm is becoming greater and greater.
    Even firearms handed into the police for destroying are finding their way back into criminal hands.

Tom

Tom
    Tom,

Well your gonna have a nice "pillow talk" session with her then...
    it would be I love you, and son protection from the rising rate of crime
    in the area.. I dont know about you, but I could not STAND the thought
    of my wife maimed, paralized, or even dead for gods sake over something
    that could have possibly been prevented with a show of force..

Well, that is true. My wife also does not like firearms too much. And if You do not want to use it it is better not to own it anyway. It is very sad that gun laws are becoming more and more strict because of some idiots like for example Breivik in Norway. In EU it is also much harder to own firearms at home now. It depends of the country but I'm afraid soon all normal peaople are disarmed and only criminals have guns...

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I would have to vote on the unpopular side's view and go for the 45. A big massive bullet with sledge hammer power-totally impossible to ignore, even for a crack or meth head. (That, and they just Look cool...even the Shadow always carried a pair of them....lol)
    Wagriff,

yes you are correct, but a 38 + P delivers a hell of a punch too, and will also stop your resident meth head...
    So dont count out the 38....

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Well, that is true. My wife also does not like firearms too much. And if You do not want to use it it is better not to own it anyway. It is very sad that gun laws are becoming more and more strict because of some idiots like for example Breivik in Norway. In EU it is also much harder to own firearms at home now. It depends of the country but I'm afraid soon all normal peaople are disarmed and only criminals have guns...
    Frundsberg,

Dont feel bad we over here across the pond are headed that way too...
    It is sad to think that, but if our current President gets a second term
    in office, his agenda is to abolish the 2nd amandment (right to bear/keep arms)...
    I dont have any firearms, but I grew up around them (hunting) and know PLENTY
    of people who have them...

Disarming legal gun owners will never curb gun violence. The governments of the world are starting from the wrong end.

Tom

FJ5 Chally: You are 100% right about the .38 +P round being a man-stopper. I carried them in my service revolver for 22 years before I retired in 1988 to teach. I still have the beauty I carried, a S&W .38 cal. "Combat Masterpiece" Shown here. But my stand-by choice is a Remington 12 Ga. that I keep in an easily and quickly accessible place that is loaded with 00 buck. And I chose 00 buck because the point of the exercise is put the terminally stupid misfit who gets into my house while I'm home in the history file. I am, after all, an historian. Dwight

?

Hmm.

I think we should introduce a new feature on the forum, similar to the 'Friends' list thing but maybe called:

'Friends who, when you visit you will need to wear body armour, announce yourself from the end of the drive, then duck and weave all the way to the house, knock loudly and hope they're not asleep'........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast