Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

!! STOLEN RK Wellner Tray !!

Article about: Just received the following email tonight on an item I was purchasing on layaway from a collector in Australia. The item was for sale in the classified ads of warrelics.eu. Today at 9:23 PM

Hello everybody. Well... I Know this post is dated from 2014 and we are in 2020 but... Your tray is actually on the items available to buy on the ruptured duck's website.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mitch133 View Post
    Hello everybody. Well... I Know this post is dated from 2014 and we are in 2020 but... Your tray is actually on the items available to buy on the ruptured duck's website.
    RR1 hasn't been on the forum since 2018. You might want to send him a PM or use the email option.

Good detective work
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I see one on page 5 of the Specialty& Miscellaneous section. Is it that one? I see it is 120 marked , I'm not seeing the serial#, But does it match the serial number shown by the OP?.
    If it does maybe someone should chime Bill and let him know.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I see one on page 5 of the Specialty& Miscellaneous section. Is it that one? I see it is 120 marked , I'm not seeing the serial#, But does it match the serial number shown by the OP?.
    If it does maybe someone should chime Bill and let him know.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Same serial number Phil

tray 41.jpg

tray 6.jpg

tray 5.png

tray 2.jpg

tray 3.jpg

tray 1.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Bill has been notified and is trying to get approval to the forum to help out, anyone who has the power to approve him please do.

?

He just joined the forum,
    Maybe someone can point him to this one.

I see that BodhiEtheridge just informed him

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 04-02-2020 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Added comment

RR1
    ?

Hi All,
    Thank you for letting me know about the update.
    Yes, I paid for this item back in 2014 but it was never received, as it was reported as stolen.
    I am curious to know it's whereabouts in the meantime.
    I will contact Bill and let him know I was the original buyer.
    Regards,
    RR1

RR1
    ?

I have exchanged several emails with the totally honest dealer who now owns the piece. Bill Shea of the ruptuedduck.com sent me the following email to clear up the actual history, origin and whereabouts of the piece.

From Bill:

“Of course having collected for more than 60 years, I've had similar situations. You were absolutely conned! I did contact the collector I bought this from and they told me that had in fact bought it from me in 2014.
    I handle a great deal of merchandise so that fact had slipped my mind. I then looked back in my records and established I bought it at one of the big shows (either the MAX or the SOS) from somebody walking around the show.”

So I guess that this answers the comment made by one of the forum members:

“I’ll be surprised if seller who claimed theft ever actually owned or possessed the thing in the first place.”

I managed to find the original sales description (complete with spelling mistakes) from the “seller” (Tom Bennett):

"Description: Hello and welcome. I have a very speicial Third Reich item here. It's a large silver plated Reich's Chancellery platter marked Wellner 120. This item was recovered from the ruins of the building after it was badly destroyed by the Soviet's during the battle for Berlin. A US Gi went through with his unit after the Soviet's had left and recovered this platter from the ruin's and took it back home where it's been until now. It show's some heat blistering caused by intense heat and a few ding's and dang's but mostly in remarkable condition considering what this item has seen and been through. This was found right above the Fuhrer Bunker where Hitler shot himself and may well have eaten from this very tray along with the 'inner circle' of the Third Reich including Himmler,Goering and Goebbles along with many other's during the high time of the period! The Chancellery was a magneficent building that has never ben matched to this day. I have a great book made about the building with plan's and many photo's duiring construction and destruction that i will include with the tray to the buyer, It's in large format and has comparison photo's of where the buliding was as apposed to the block of flat's and sand pit where Hitler and Eva Braun had been burnt (ironic that it's where children paly now lol). Please note this is a large and heavy item and i cannot guarantee a postage cost as it will vary on location and the dimension's are 25.5 inch's long by 16.5 inch's wide.Please ask any question's about this item and i will do my best to answer as promptly as possible. Any offer's will be considered on this item and send any message's regarding this and we can talk. Thankyou and the very best of luck! Tom"

To end the story, Bill Shea kindly offered to sell me back the piece at cost. To be honest, it holds too many bad memories for me, so I declined his generous offer.

Stay Safe everyone.

Regards,
    RR

RR1
    ?

It looks like I am not the only one who was conned by Tom Bennett.
    This was just posted on another forum by a collector from Australia:

"Guys

Tom Bennett is the same POS here in Australia that still owes me $2500 after 5 years.
    I'll tracked him down to Facebook but he has blocked me.
    I don't hold out any hope of getting my money back.

I just read your thread. The guy is a POS who has stolen $2500 from me. One again a deposit not refunded.
    He is on Facebook but blocks anyone that challenges him.

Mark Gibson"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2