Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

The story of Lauri Törni

Article about: Just watched a documentary about the finnish war hero Lauri Törni. After the war he was sentenced to jail for treason, not because his training in the SS thought. After he was pardoned by Pr

Default The story of Lauri Törni

Just watched a documentary about the finnish war hero Lauri Törni. After the war he was sentenced to jail for treason, not because his training in the SS thought. After he was pardoned by President Paasikivi in 1948, he eventually joined the US Army and found his way into MACV-SOG. He went MIA in 1965 in a helicopter crash in Vietnam, and his remains were found in 1999. What stories have you heard of him?

Default Re: The story of Lauri Törni

in my eyes he was a born soldier Lauri Törni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After stepping on a friendly mine on patrol during the winter war, he was badly injured. He fled the hospital just to get back to the frontline. Finland should be proud of him.

Quote by Poromies View Post
    After stepping on a friendly mine on patrol during the winter war, he was badly injured. He fled the hospital just to get back to the frontline. Finland should be proud of him.
    as should america for serving their country in veitnam

?

Torni received two Purple Hearts [the only medal the enemy gives you...] in Vietnam, alas one for KIA - killed in action
    The fighting men of the United States were in awe of him as much as Suomi
    What an honor to have had him in my army!