Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

The "SturmAbteilung"

Article about: I quite naively thought that after the "Night of the long knives" the SA ceased to exist....I never really had a great interest in them, and never really bothered to research furth

?

Default The "SturmAbteilung"

I quite naively thought that after the "Night of the long knives" the SA ceased to exist....I never really had a great interest in them, and never really bothered to research further....

Thrn I noticed the large amount of SA daggers around, I figured that all of these would be early daggers, as again I assumed they stopped making them after the purge.....to my great surprise it was still around till 1945, albeit in a reduced form....then I wondered why " Ferdenhalle" helmets are so rare.....I read one reference where the SA leadership wanted a military arm similar to the SS, and they formed the Ferdenhalle SA Panzer grenadier regiment.....I thought Ferdenhalle were just the guards of the Munich war memorial......I have only just started looking into them, seems thy had a rich and varied history.....

?

Default Re: The "SturmAbteilung"

You could start collecting the (in)famous Feldherrnhalle daggers

?

Another area of collecting wading thru the fakes!!

?

The Feldherrnhalle is the memorial in Munich , the combat units were named after it , the monument itself had nothing to do with the NSDAP until the 1923 putsch , it was the location where the confrontation took place between the Police and the NSDAP and 16 Nazis were killed thgus gainng historical significance.

Panzer Corps Feldherrnhalle (Germany) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

God I feel stupid!!!! Feldherrnhalle......I knew it was wrong when I was typing it!!!!

Great link and thankyou!