Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Sudden increase in shipping costs!!!!!!!

Article about: Is it just me or has the price of postage within the UK suddenly increased by a significant amount?This has a massive effect on your total purchase price,If your like me with family commitme

Default Sudden increase in shipping costs!!!!!!!

Is it just me or has the price of postage within the UK suddenly increased by a significant amount?This has a massive effect on your total purchase price,If your like me with family commitments this in turn puts massive restrictions on what i can Bid & Win items,In the last few days alone WW2 GASMASKS are being sent for as much as £13 now add on the winning bid around £15-£20 thats into the £30 level just for an item that a few years back was around £10.How long can some of us compete with this on-slaught of prices before we are left in the wake of newbie types that may not be aware of the increase in miltaria prices,I genuinely believe this may reach a stage where i will no longer be able to continue with this hobbie that im so passionate about,regards minnie.

?

Default Re: Sudden increase in shipping costs!!!!!!!

Here in Canada the cost of postage is outrages I send a lot of parcels to Datrus in Russia and to the UK I hate having to tell a buyer the price of the postage it has killed more than one deal for me.
    I just recieved a parcel from the UK a camouflauge field tunic regular postage was just shy of 17p and insured was 21p very painfull for an item less than a kilo in weight...

Regards Mark K

I hate how much it costs to send and receive books. It would be a great help if Royal Mail had a standard flat 'book rate' but that seems to of gone out of the window along time ago. And it is no different when I see 2nd hand books for sale from overseas sellers. Alot of the times the book is fairly priced for a second hand book but the postage rate just kills it stone dead.

?

postage in the UK has gone up but not by that much Ive seen a lot of eBay sellers really going over the top for an M-1 helmet to be sent in the post costs about £9.25 1st class recorded & £9.75 for Special Delivery but Ive seen sellers with P&P costs up to £15 stating in their listing its that high because of the weight of the item in these cases i tend not to bid unless i can get the item dirt cheap !