Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Summer 2013. Where are you heading for vacation?

Article about: Much of my time this summer was spent in the North at work I only manage to get home for a few days every 5- 6 weeks so time has been limited as there is always a honey do list waiting for m

some great pictures there of paphos ,i recognise a lot of the places you post ,the tomb of the kings for one ,myself and the missus got married at st pauls a small church in paphos 14 years ago and we went back in october last year to celebrate my 40th birthday staying at the roman hotel ,we had a birthday meal in the pelican retaurant ,the pelican parades up and down the harbour and is very friendly ,next week is my wifes 40th so as a treat we are following in pauls footsteps and going to berlin ,some great photos there paul especially seeing the tatoo work 024.jpg084.jpg095.jpg284.jpg097.jpg

?

The view from my back window,as Dorothy said...." There`s no place like home "
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    heading out to Cyprus about the 23rd sept chris.
    Hi Harry. For how long?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by James C View Post
    some great pictures there of paphos ,i recognise a lot of the places you post ,the tomb of the kings for one ,myself and the missus got married at st pauls a small church in paphos 14 years ago and we went back in october last year to celebrate my 40th birthday staying at the roman hotel ,we had a birthday meal in the pelican retaurant ,the pelican parades up and down the harbour and is very friendly ,next week is my wifes 40th so as a treat we are following in pauls footsteps and going to berlin ,some great photos there paul especially seeing the tatoo work
    Great photos James. Thanks for posting

I am off to Scotland on the 24th for a week, going to Raasay which is near Skye, it should be beautiful and peaceful.

Raasay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I spent a week in North Wales a few weeks back on a busman's holiday whilst digging a Late Roman temple/early church site for a new Welch archaeology series. Absolutely brilliant site and worked with lots of good TV people and archaeologists.

For those who can see the BBC news link I am the one in the orange hard hat.

BBC News - Roman temple clues found during dig in Conwy Valley

Also some pics taken from the site, which was in a beautiful location with the Snowdonia mts in the distance.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

some superb dig pictures jerry i remember you mentioning a wee while ago you would be visiting us up here in Gogledd Cymru enjoy your scotland trip ,james

You have a great job Jerry

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I am off to Scotland on the 24th for a week, going to Raasay which is near Skye, it should be beautiful and peaceful.

Raasay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I spent a week in North Wales a few weeks back on a busman's holiday whilst digging a Late Roman temple/early church site for a new Welch archaeology series. Absolutely brilliant site and worked with lots of good TV people and archaeologists.

For those who can see the BBC news link I am the one in the orange hard hat.

BBC News - Roman temple clues found during dig in Conwy Valley

Also some pics taken from the site, which was in a beautiful location with the Snowdonia mts in the distance.
    These photos are for me a "Dream vacation". Big historical fields, great climate, new batteries for my detectors. No nighthawks- And NO cellphone.

I would gladly swapped some weeks with you.

Here i only find "new" gold and silver pieces of no historical importance.

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    You have a great job Jerry
    Indeed mate.

Here is where I was digging last week trying to find a missing abbey wall buried for 100's of years, I found 4 walls and thankfully one was the one I was looking for. It is the more deeply buried wall. I also found parts of a skull, rather sad really as it is a long forgotten burial.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Have not had a vacation in 7 years. I wish I could get away for a week
    and go -------------anywhere.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast