Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Suspect member?

Article about: ....a minimum rep and minimum number of posts isn't a guarantee.... without revealing names!! Even the titel "lifetime member" or "moderator" isn't a garantee for a smoot

Default Re: Suspect member?

Contacting PayPal does not help when transaction is over 45 days old or You did not paid for goods or services. And there are many cheaters around, not only from Poland or Eastern Europe. My last 2 losses are from Germany - one seller did not sent item at all and another sent defect item. Both are with German names and even good feedback (they are not from this forum). So these things happen all the time. One of my biggest losses is for example with German firm still in business (europe- militaria.com - Hauptseite) - loss over 600 euro.

?

I got 3 emails from people trying to sell me fakes. each i was very tempted to buy but after one week of declining them i see a post on the forum saying "Beware" and I see that I saved myself alot of money.

cheers,
    Pat

PLEASE Guys! Don't send money to unknown people sending you email offers!

See my pinned thread on safe buying in the Discussions forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Contacting PayPal does not help when transaction is over 45 days old or You did not paid for goods or services. And there are many cheaters around, not only from Poland or Eastern Europe. My last 2 losses are from Germany - one seller did not sent item at all and another sent defect item. Both are with German names and even good feedback (they are not from this forum). So these things happen all the time. One of my biggest losses is for example with German firm still in business (europe- militaria.com - Hauptseite) - loss over 600 euro.
    At least you are still able to get your money back by taking them to a small claims court or contact a solicitor to issue a letter concerning your loss or a defect item

?

Perhaps some ideas could be put forward regarding the transactions that take place between members?

For example...

a) A member is not allowed to sell an item unless he/she has been a member for a set period of time.

b) A member is not permitted to offer an item for sale unless he/she has a minimum rep and number of posts.

c) No member can directly offer an item to another member (via private message or any other means) unless they fit the criteria above.

Any thoughts...?

Regards,

Carl

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Perhaps some ideas could be put forward regarding the transactions that take place between members?

For example...

a) A member is not allowed to sell an item unless he/she has been a member for a set period of time.

b) A member is not permitted to offer an item for sale unless he/she has a minimum rep and number of posts.

c) No member can directly offer an item to another member (via private message or any other means) unless they fit the criteria above.

Any thoughts...?

Regards,

Carl
    all those are good ideas imo

I disagree with idea B because I have been on the forum for close to a year now, but have not posted often because I enjoy reading posts.

Nathan

?

Sorry to see another collector scamed ! Its wrong for any one to make money of off some one elses hard erred cash ! Hope you can get your cash back ! I have also received messages about wounded badges that the poster was a con man !

Kind regards
    Alex

Sorry none of this will work. Minimum post counts are worthless as is membership time..

None of these bad transaction were done openly on the forum. These were private "deals" done via email or PM.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but we cannot legislate against greed or stupidity.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sorry none of this will work. Minimum post counts are worthless. None of these bad transaction were done openly on the forum. These were private "deals" done via email or PM.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but we cannot legislate against greed or stupidity.

Cheers, Ade.
    would it be possible on the classifieds section anyone with a low number of posts eg 10 that there ad has a bright red box around it so that people can see there are dangers involved with that person then after maybe 1 sussesful buyer can write a reveiw or something and then the red box goes away???
    would that work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast