Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Suspect member?

Article about: ....a minimum rep and minimum number of posts isn't a guarantee.... without revealing names!! Even the titel "lifetime member" or "moderator" isn't a garantee for a smoot

Default Re: Suspect member?

In a word, No.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by nathan50921 View Post
    I disagree with idea B because I have been on the forum for close to a year now, but have not posted often because I enjoy reading posts.

Nathan
    You have a good point Nathan, many legitimate members just like to read and learn and not nessesarily post.

This whole thing is about common sense IMO

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I understand why Ade writes that none of the ideas suggested would work, maybe some alternatives can be put forward. Something must be done, this forum is a tool for us to help each other, and should be made as safe as possible. One thing that many people do not do, and we should all do, is always ask for additional photographs. Over time, this sorts out the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    This whole thing is about common sense IMONick
    and not wanting something for nothing is the case for a lot of em

Guys, this forum is a safe as I and the other Mods can possibly make it.

Bad items, if ever posted for sale, soon get spotted and removed.

Con men work by offering items at bargain prices in private. As stated already use common sense!

Keeping safe when buying and selling online

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Adrian - actually You can not ever be 100% sure. For example in my country one of the most reputable militaria dealers turned to the biggest cheater and cheated tens of his customers.

?

The problem clearly seems to relate to private messages. Take away the function, end the problem. If there is a need to communicate in a private manner, then let it only be possible via the moderators. That way, it is controlled...and still not public. I agree with the comments above, common sense is the most important thing here...and read Ade's advice on buying. That being said, these con artists are getting better and better, so additional measures should be considered. If it is viable, it is worthy of discussion.

Regards,

Carl

One forum I used to use (not a militaria one) didn't allow private messages until the member had a certain number of posts (fifty I think?) to stop the spam and scam merchants just turning up and then bombarding people with 'offers' without making any posts?
    Whilst it may not be totally practical on here I suppose it could be something to consider?

I guess though, at the end of the day it's all down to common sense? Like they say if it seems to good to be true it usually is...

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, use some common sense, ask yourself some questions before sending YOUR hard earned cash to a complete stranger.
    Cutting all the hoo hah back to the bone, this post for me is the simplest, obvious and most effective answer to the problem. The only thing is, no matter how hard you try to instill it, some people will never learn, and that is how these scumbags make a living, on the naivety, ignorance and lack of foresightedness of gullible folk. Now that IS harsh to say, but it is also true. I sincerely hope you can get redress, but you have learned the hard way whatever happens.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    anyone with a low number of posts eg 10 that there ad has a bright red box around it so that people can see there are dangers involved with that person
    Tom,
    There are people with more than 10 posts that need a big bright red box round their name.................

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast