Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thanksgiving here in the US...Thankful!

Article about: Forum Members, As we celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday in the US this week I wanted to reach out. I am thankful for the great people on this Forum. Thank you for being dedicated to this won

Quote by MAP View Post
    The funny thing is that she knows I'm low balling the costs anyway when I bring items home, so I'm only fooling myself.

The thankful part (in keeping with the theme of this thread) is that she fully supports my hobby and even gives me cash for my birthday and Christmas instead of gifts so I can purchase more items. While she has little interest in my hobby, she fully appreciates the history and reason for my passion and how I use it as a teaching tool for my boys...

Michael
    That's a wonderful wife you have there Michael!

My wife is similar in that she supports me and even shows some interest on occasion. She at least understands the historical context and I know some items, such as my TR banner, really do have an impact on her. It truly is a wonderful hobby in which we can all own a piece of history and we're all fortunate to be able to engage in it. My Christmas list includes some basic items from some well known dealers and she goes out and orders them so that I really have a surprise on Christmas morning.

I really do have a great wife who lets me indulge in this hobby and am truly thankful I have her. I'm also glad to see so many others on here do as well!

Happy Thanksgiving!

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    So what are you waiting for ?/...cmon down..and join us and eat again
    Im too busy shovelling my driveway to eat...

Quote by DougB View Post
    Im too busy shovelling my driveway to eat...
    No kidding!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    No kidding!
    Just finished the 4th go around. Seems like a foot of snow each bloody time Ralph!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Just finished the 4th go around. Seems like a foot of snow each bloody time Ralph!
    Got our first real snow yesterday, about 10".....a few more tomorrow. You must be missing Arizona about now Doug.
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    That's a wonderful wife you have there Michael!

My wife is similar in that she supports me and even shows some interest on occasion. She at least understands the historical context and I know some items, such as my TR banner, really do have an impact on her. It truly is a wonderful hobby in which we can all own a piece of history and we're all fortunate to be able to engage in it. My Christmas list includes some basic items from some well known dealers and she goes out and orders them so that I really have a surprise on Christmas morning.

I really do have a great wife who lets me indulge in this hobby and am truly thankful I have her. I'm also glad to see so many others on here do as well!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    We are lucky husbands!!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've never seen snow in my life gents but I have eaten plenty of food and drank plenty of beer on various holidays so I can see the point in your thanksgiving thingo! Enjoy it fellas!

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Got our first real snow yesterday, about 10".....a few more tomorrow. You must be missing Arizona about now Doug.
    Oh yeah.....a lot! Just came inside from shove,ing last nights dump. Only a couple inches so not so bad. The snow is only about 3 feet deep on either side of the driveway so we're all good!

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I've never seen snow in my life gents but I have eaten plenty of food and drank plenty of beer on various holidays so I can see the point in your thanksgiving thingo! Enjoy it fellas!
    Go to your local meat packers and ask to stand in the freezer for an hour. When you leave your thankful. Then go eat and drink till you burst. That my friend, is Thanksgiving.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3