Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

Article about: I have been collecting since I was a pre-teen

Default re: Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

I have been collecting since I was a pre-teen

Default re: Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

I have 7 soldbuchs and 1 wehrpass:

#1 will be my "favorite", #8 "my least favorite." I will list them in order including what awards and units they served with. There are pictures of each soldbuch, numbered in order according to the following soldbuchs.

1.) Peter Kelch-(wehrmacht soldbuch) Peter Kelch served with the Division Fusilier Battalion of the 88th Infantry Division. Later he served with the 212th Division Fusilier Battalion, of the 212th Volksgrenadier Division. He was shot (31a wound entry) on 25-5-1943.

He received the following awards:
    The Black Wound Badge (4-10-43)
    Iron Cross 2nd Class (15-1-44)
    Infantry Assault Badge (2-5-44)
    The Close Combat Badge in Bronze (4-5-44), my favorite award

Peter died 14 days after the war ended, and was buried in the Heidelberg-Freidhof Cemetery, at only 21 years old.

2.) Karl Muller-(luftwaffe soldbuch) Karl Muller served with the 14th Flack Regiment during the entire war. He saw service in Southern France, Germany, and in Russia (Crimea). over the course of the war he was issued a few rifle and 2 P08 Luger Pistols.

His awards were:
    Bulgarian Merit medal in Bronze with Crown (9-2-42)
    Luftwaffe Flak Badge (17-11-42)
    Winter War Medal (20-9-42)
    KVKII with Swords (20-4-43)
    Krim Shield (20-3-43)
    Romanian Crusade against Communism (1-7-42)
    Iron Cross 2nd Class (27-4-44)
    Luftwaffe Ground Combat Badge.

3.) Karl Hobelsberger-(wehrmacht soldbuch) Karl H. spent his war service with the 66th Panzer Grenadier Regiment. He served in Southern Russia during the years of 1942/1943. He was fighting in the Caucasus area. There is a portrait style photo of him with his soldbuch. He was wounded, by an "explosive bullet," that resulted in doctors having to amputate his arm.

Awards received:
    Panzer Assault Badge in Bronze (27-4-44)
    Winter War Medal (3-8-42)
    Iron Cross 2nd Class (21-6-43),he was awarded this for his arm being amputated
    Silver Wound Badge (21-6-43), he was awarded this for his arm being amputated

4.) Gerhard Wiedemann-(wehrmacht soldbuch) Gerhard served with Jager Regiment 28 and Jager Regiment 38, in Russia. He started off as a Unteroffizer and moved his way to becoming a Leutnant. it appears that he was shot twice (31a entries on the hospital page). He was issued a couple of 7.65 Mauser pistols along the way.

Awards Received:
    KVK II with Swords (24-12-40)
    Long Service Medal IV (?-6-37)
    Wound Badge in Black (4-5-43)
    Wound Badge in Silver (21-7-44)

5.) Heinrich Kuck-(Luftwaffe Soldbuch) Heinrich served with Flak Battalion 538 (Eiserbahn--a railroad flak unit, either protecting railroads, or a train mounted unit). He served with this unit in Paris, and also in Germany. As shown on the inside cover, he was captured by the French (P.G. (Prisonerre de Guerre 581.141)

Awards Received:
    Cloth Flak Badge (trade badge?) (20-4-43)
    Flak Badge (9-4-44)
    Iron Cross 2nd Class (6-9-44)

6.) Willi Streiwski-(wehrmacht soldbuch) Willi served with Pioneer Battalions 161, 291, and 241. He was wounded (31a-gunshots) either 2 or 3 times. There was a debate about an entry in the soldbuch regarding an Infantry Assault Badge entry. I personally think it is a post war added entry.

Awards Received:
    KVK II (13-1-41)
    West Wall Medal (13-1-41)
    Winter War Medal (31-8-42)
    Black Wound Badge (2-?-42)
    Iron Cross 2nd Class (2-2-43)
    Long Service Medal IV (10-4-38)
    Shooting Award (lanyard, as seen in cover photo) (16-8-37)
    Reichs Sports Award in Bronze (2-10-31?)
    Silver Wound Badge (31-3-44)

7.) Willi Schuten-(wermacht soldbuch) Willi served with Artillery Regiment 199 and OKH Kartenlager 582 (mobile military unit for making maps). There is also a special notice in the book calling Willi to serve with Einsatz Division Barwalde. Einsatz Division Barwalde was a last ditch unit that could hold off the Russians in the Danzig area for just a few days, they were poorly trained;they were basically told where the Russian were, and to go in that direction. His last rifle entry is from 26-2-45. That (end of February rifle entry) is a very late issuing of a rifle. They probably called him up for front line service then.

There are no awards

8.) Fritz Hager-(wehrmacht wehrpass) Fritz was a WWI veteran that just happened to have this wehrpass. He did not serve with any units, but was checked out a few times by doctors to see if he was eligible for military service, he was not. He received the Iron Cross 2nd Class during WWI, and was trained on a K98 rifle before WWII. He was fluent in German, English, and French. This is the only wehrpass I have, and its not all that impressive.

Thanks for reading my thread! The pictures of the men (numbered) are below.
    Swayne Martin

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

cool soldbuchs, Wehrpass still nice... at least it an original one.

I would love to see pictures of your soldbuchs and collection Franz.

Thanks for the compliments,
    Swayne Martin

I am 18, but I have been collecting since I got my first surplus army hat when I was 5 or 6.

Since then my interest has developed more towards German and Russian militaria.

Russian pretty unique IMO Obkreiger (especially an US collector). that long time collecting to... for your age.

Lt. Martin I only got one soldbuch right now waiting for shipment of another...I plan to post pictures of my collection once i been on forum for year... so august i will post my collection, till then you will have to wait.

Here soldbuch
    Bau-Batallion 125
    Bau-Bataillon 125 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

p21 (2).jpgpunk (2).jpgsoldbuch-001p4 (2).jpgDSC02536.jpgsoldbuch-001p2(2).jpgsoldbuch-001p3.jpg

Will post more pages if you like

Cool soldbuch!

I especially like the June 1945 entry that talks about something having to do with Norway.

Thanks for posting pictures,
    Swayne

I'm an old timer and I'm glad to see some young blood coming into the hobby. Great collections guys!

Ya the late entries is why i bought it... Now next im looking for KIA one.

Erich Im glad see other young people at least interested. All collectors are old farts in my area (joking)
    Some times i wonder about potentially new young collector being turn off because of prices.

The note about Norway is this:

"According to the law No.53 of mil.reg. in Germany it is illegal to possess foreign currency. When returning to Germany exotic currency will not be refunded. holding exotic currency stated deadlines both in Norway and in Germany."

So he must have been stationed in Norway at some point.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast