MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich in ruins, then and now

Article about: Third Reich in Ruins Stumbled upon this website, has some pretty interesting then and now pictures.

Default Third Reich in ruins, then and now

Third Reich in Ruins

Stumbled upon this website, has some pretty interesting then and now pictures.

?

Default Re: Third Reich in ruins, then and now

Sorry to say but it's been up for years already and it,s always a joy to see there update's.

For anyone who is interested books have been published in the "Then and Now" series by Tony LaTissier. I have the Berlin Then and Now, I picked it up about 10 yrs ago. If you are interested in Before and After pics I highly recommend them. John

?

Really enjoyed looking at the photos.

?

I'm always a fan of these sorts of sites, like those ones which show you areas in Germany in the present day then superimpose wartime photographs over them... thanks for sharing
    Robbie

Third Reich in Ruins is the site that first inspired me to get over to the Obersalzberg before the remains were completely torn down. Really good update section.

For a look at the Berghof after it was bombed by the RAF in 1945 and before it was demolished by the government of Bavaria in 1952, check out an obscure little thriller titled The Devil Makes Three released by MGM and starring Gene Kelly and Pier Angeli. The plot involves an attempt to revive Nazism in postwar Germany, and includes a performance by Claus Clausen as the Nazi ringleader. (Ironically, this is the same Claus Clausen who appeared as Bannfuhrer Kass in the classic propaganda film, Hitlerjunge Quex.)

The climax features a shootout in Hitler’s retreat that lets you see what the place actually looked like after it was blasted by the allies and set on fire by departing SS troops in May of 1945. The shot of the defiant Clausen, framed by the famous motorized picture window in the Berghof’s great room is unforgettable.