Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

TLC is casting collectors!

Article about: Hi! I am working on the TLC show "My Crazy Obsession". If you or someone you know is interested in sharing your military memorabilia collection, contact us at MyCrazyObsessionCasti

Smile TLC is casting collectors!

Hi! I am working on the TLC show "My Crazy Obsession".

If you or someone you know is interested in sharing your military memorabilia collection, contact us at MyCrazyObsessionCasting@gmail.com. Please make sure to include a brief description of your obsession (and a photo or two if you can!), your name, age, city of residence, and a phone number or email where you can be reached for further questions.

Thanks! Hope to hear from you!

Default Re: TLC is casting collectors!

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Many collectors will be unwilling to give you all of the details that you ask for due to security reasons. Are you only looking for militaria collections?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks! Hope to hear from you!

Not bloody likely.

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi Ralph,

Thanks!

We're not just looking for military collectors! What security reasons? If it is because of the gmail account, people can private message me and I can give them my work email address.

Colleen

?

Hello and thank you for joining and asking the question.
    I hope you can understand that many collectors are unwilling to share their collections with a stranger that just appears on the internet. If you can provide some references and some way of proving who you are then it may go some way to putting any fears to rest.
    As I'm sure you can appreciate, there are the obvious security issues and potential bad press to consider. I hope you are legitimate and can prove it to the community or I suspect your request will not go much further.
    I mean no disrespect to you but everyone has to look out for each other and as there are many scammers around, private information such as you request should not be volunteered without background checks. After all, you could be anybody!

*EDIT*
    In answer to your query regarding security. In todays society, no-one's information is safe. It wouldn't take much to find out where someone lives and relieve them of their collection from the basic things you're asking.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by mycrazyobsession View Post
    Hi Ralph,

Thanks!

We're not just looking for military collectors! What security reasons? If it is because of the gmail account, people can private message me and I can give them my work email address.

Colleen
    Hello Colleen,
    No, it is just that most collectors would like to keep their collections.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Copy that. I was not aware of the security concerns!

As a reference: Casting : Get on TV : TLC

We are a real show, on TLC & Discovery's pages.

EDIT: If you know of other people with interesting collections, please send them my way if they are interested!
    Last edited by mycrazyobsession; 05-21-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: adding more info

No offense, but really in many cases WW2 collecting is not a "Crazy Obsession" Collectors are everyday people like you and I. We aren't "Crazy" actually for the most part in order to collect World War Two/World War One Memorabilia you have to be of above average intellect to be able to spot fakes, and know what an item is. This knowledge takes years to master and many, many books and talks with people who are experienced on the subject. My best wishes for your show but you will not get many answers here.