Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tom Clancy dies aged 66.

Article about: One of the worlds favourite authors, Tom Clancy has died at the age of 66. Best known for his Jack Ryan character books, several of which were turned into films. Spy novelist Tom Clancy dies

?

Default Tom Clancy dies aged 66.

One of the worlds favourite authors, Tom Clancy has died at the age of 66.

Best known for his Jack Ryan character books, several of which were turned into films.

Spy novelist Tom Clancy dies.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Very sad news. I was alwasy a fan of the Rainbow 6 series and love The Hunt for Red October.

RIP.

RIP Tom. I thought the best book by far was Red Storm Rising!..

Never knew the author was responsible for such epic movies,really thought "Hunt for the red october" was such a cool movie,such a shame......

?

Rip

?

Sad news. Hunt for Red October was a classic. Red Storm Rising was excellent as well. He was an old war gamer which inspired him. He played a naval game, I can't remember the name now, that inspired his early works. This was all in the pre-computer days when war games by SPI and Avalon Hill dominated wargaming.

?

Doug, I remember Avalon Hill games! Wow what a blast from the past that is! I have a Normandy board game and Battle of Britain game by them, bought when I was a teenager in the Mall in San Jose when visiting family in the US in '95!

Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger were also excellent books by him and the films I think did them justice. I especially like Clear and Present Danger, the US SF Team in South America in that brutal fire fight, love it!

?

Great shame for such a talented and thrilling author to pass at this time of life,I thoroughly enjoyed all his books and the subsequent films , RIP TC

Damn, too young. RIP Tom.

JMM
    ?

Too young indeed
    RIP Tom