Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Tom Hanks Greyhound series

Article about: Looks to be decent up coming drama, normally his work is pretty damn good. Watch Tom Hanks Fight Infamous Nazi Submarines in New Trailer for WWII Drama Greyhound

Default Tom Hanks Greyhound series

Looks to be decent up coming drama, normally his work is pretty damn good.

Watch Tom Hanks Fight Infamous Nazi Submarines in New Trailer for WWII Drama Greyhound

Is this a series? I thought it was a movie

Looks like great entertainment but the U-Boat markings look a bit dubious

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Drama/series then mentions film, gawd knows but it is welcome to the screen, not many decent ww2 films being made.

It is a movie based on the novel The Good Shepherd by C.S. Forester. The one Tom Hanks is doing about the 8th Air Force for Apple TV (or whatever it is called) is the mini-series.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Drama/series then mentions film, gawd knows but it is welcome to the screen, not many decent ww2 films being made.
    There are many excellent WW2 films coming out of Russia/Ukraine/Finland/Poland every month, they knock spots off Hollywood WW2 films

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    There are many excellent WW2 films coming out of Russia/Ukraine/Finland/Poland every month, they knock spots off Hollywood WW2 films

Nick
    There is a new one released later this month from the Czech Republic called The Painted Bird which seems to be getting good reviews. Stars Harvey Keitel, Stellan Skarsgård (as a German soldier - which seems a bit of a strange casting given his age) and Barry Pepper (the sniper in Saving Private Ryan who seems to of swapped tin hats and plays a Russian sniper in this).
    The Painted Bird (2019) - IMDb

Hucks216 - thank you for including the link...makes Threads like these more helpful