Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Treat for myself

Article about: Hi Ben, I used to have a B3 jacket that was treated with a coating of some sort that quickly distressed over a few months to the ideal required finish, it came with a 'swatch' of sheepskin p

Default Treat for myself

Well guys, I have always wanted one and decided sod it you only live once so just get one. I have been looking for a second hand one but thought sod it and ordered a new one. Copy of an Original Irvin jacket. Does anyone know how to age or soften the leather on these? I have heard when new they are quite stiff

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben

?

Nice jacket Ben, that'll keep the wind at bay! As for the leather, best way to "soften" the coat is just natural wear over time. I have several leathers, have always owned them and find that nothing beats the natural worn effect that comes with wearing the coat regularly.
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

?

Haven't a clue how to anything to this jacket.. But I like the look of it..Was a lot of pennies Ben?.I wouldn't mind one myself!! Cheers Terry.

Cool jacket, to soften the leather try Nikwax leather treatment or neatsfoot oil!...

To age it try dragging it behind a motorbike for a few miles!..
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Terry they are expensive mate, 3/4 of a Luger money but I have always wanted one for years

Carl I will just have to wear then all through summer lol, or get myself a nice Mercedes SL 500 AMG and keep the roof down and wear the jacket (I wish!!!! )
    Ben

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Cool jacket, to soften the leather try Nikwax leather treatment or neatsfoot oil!...

To age it try dragging it behind a motorbike for a few miles!..
    Paul, for what these cost I shall be patting it, hugging and it and calling it George!!
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Paul, for what these cost I shall be patting it, hugging and it and calling it George!!
    I know mate, you can buy a half decent motorbike for the price of the jacket!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Nice treat Ben,like you say live only once,but forget the dragging it idea............
    With Regards Jake.

?

Okay Ben exspensive then lol...But it should out last you!!.. Cheers Terry.

It will out live me mate lol
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast