Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Trove of eBay Comedy Gubbins

Article about: Hello folks. Was alerted by a YouTube militaria collector to this fine gentleman on eBay. Thought you all might appreciate a laugh. Most fakers will sell one or two pieces at a time, and wil

Default A Trove of eBay Comedy Gubbins

Hello folks.

Was alerted by a YouTube militaria collector to this fine specimen on eBay. Thought you all might appreciate a laugh.
    Most fakers will sell one or two pieces at a time, and will be downright lucky if they manage to shift them. This fellow seems to have turned it into an industry, and if his feedback is anything to go by, he's making a killing on this stuff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/brexit201...1&_ipg=&_from=

Thought you all might get a kick out of perusing his selection of ludicrous tat. My favourite? The 'Africakorps' pocket watch.

s-l1600 (27).jpg

Enjoy!

B.B.

That's too funny I was looking at his items for sale yesterday and thinking, wow, and he just keeps on going, and they keep bidding.

Quote by KristianFerrell View Post
    That's too funny I was looking at his items for sale yesterday and thinking, wow, and he just keeps on going, and they keep bidding.
    I don't know whether to laugh or be very, very worried. There are a few too many people saturating the market with tat these days!

B.B.

?

That guy has the market cornered on cigarette case.s That German-WWII-20TH-GRENADIER-DIVISION-OF-THE-ESTONIAN-Brass-Leather-Wood-Blower has me thinking . You got to be kidding me.
    FYI caveat emptor

Semper Fi
    Phil

Looking at the prices being sought, I rather suspect that people realise they're just getting interesting looking 'fantasy' knickknacks not Adolf's fob watch!

One previously sold was a cigarette case supposedly signed by Hermann Goering.
    It sold for a grand total of £174.00.

B.B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This guy lives off impulse buyers who have no idea what they are doing. To quote P. T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    This guy lives off impulse buyers who have no idea what they are doing. To quote P. T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute."
    All the more reason for those of us 'in the know' to educate!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post

B.B.
    Very true. I doubt that the people who buy this stuff even know about the forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post

B.B.
    Alas some people don't want to know, while looking for something genuine at the Plac Nowy flea market in Krakow, i noticed an American guy showing great interest is an over the top fake SS soldbuch, the type covered in deaths heads, swastikas and runic regimental insignia. I had a quiet word with the guy while the stall holder was dealing with a customer, i pointed out that it was an utter fake and the guy thanked me and walked away, 5 minutes later i saw him return to the stall and buy the bloody thing!!! 400 zlotys was the asking price so that was about £80 flushed down the toilet!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast