Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

U-995 in Kiel - my videos.

Article about: Wow!!

Default Re: U-995 in Kiel - my videos.

Oh my dear God........

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Great footage Stinch I must visit it sometime!

I was lucky enough to walk inside the Birkenhead Uboat before it was butchered !

Before and after pics :
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

I was lucky enough to walk inside the Birkenhead Uboat before it was butchered !

Before and after pics :
    Great shots Nick, thanks for sharing those. Did you notice the pigeons that used to reside on the hull near the depth charge impact holes? It always made me smile whenever I saw them. It is such a shame though...she should have been covered, not cut up.

Regards,

Carl

No I didnt see the resident pigeons Carl !

I just cant believe they never restored the whole thing, it could have looked like U-995 !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

And there are only 5 German subs left... how sad. But great pics, my friend!!

No I didnt see the resident pigeons Carl !

I just cant believe they never restored the whole thing, it could have looked like U-995 !

Nick
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

There was a rumour that the chap who financed the operation to raise U-534, was planning another...but that was a while ago and I haven't heard anything else about it. Would be great though.

Great videos-you must have had a super day checking out every nook and cranny! Is a shame there's only a few left of these old warriors! They should preserve these bits of History better! Once they are gone, they are gone forever! Thanks for the vids! Glad to see at least one of these boats is still in solid shape! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

And such a shame you live so far away, I would have loved to take you there to see it with me

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Great videos-you must have had a super day checking out every nook and cranny! Is a shame there's only a few left of these old warriors! They should preserve these bits of History better! Once they are gone, they are gone forever! Thanks for the vids! Glad to see at least one of these boats is still in solid shape! William
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I just hope that someday I'll be visiting Kiel... Great topic, thanks!

Hi

You live far away, but it really is worth it, the museum is interesting as well.

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    I just hope that someday I'll be visiting Kiel... Great topic, thanks!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

great thread and pics

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3