Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified badge, anyone know what it is?

Article about: I got this badge from a friend about a year ago. I have searched on and off and scoured the internet for it without any luck. I believe it is Soviet, partly because the friend said it is, an

hobbymaster001
    ?

Arrow Unidentified badge, anyone know what it is?

I got this badge from a friend about a year ago. I have searched on and off and scoured the internet for it without any luck. I believe it is Soviet, partly because the friend said it is, and partly because the writing sounds russian. Does anyone know what this item could possibly be and its age, or any information to point me in the right direction?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Unidentified badge, anyone know what it is?

Certainly not Soviet. No letter "F"or "L" in Russian Cyrillic alphabet. It looks American made to me. I don't think it has any military connection.

Cheers, Ade.

Yeah, I agree with Ade. A pure guess, but it seems more likely that it is for a lifeguard, or maintenance at a public pool, or pool club.

That is a pure guess, but I doubt it is military, and certainly not Soviet!

Boridin

Quote by hobbymaster001 View Post
    I got this badge from a friend about a year ago. I have searched on and off and scoured the internet for it without any luck. I believe it is Soviet, partly because the friend said it is, and partly because the writing sounds russian. Does anyone know what this item could possibly be and its age, or any information to point me in the right direction?
    this could be merchant navy not sure what country. could be usa No61 enlistment office as these were called pooles.

Definetly not soviet or russian. Alphabet is latin and some sort of civilian organisation. nothing popular i dont think

?

The only reference to FHOOM Pool that I could find online (other than as onomatopoeia) is as a pool in Fort Hood, Texas. Sadly, I was only able to find this as a comment on a recipe forum (after clicking on the link, scroll to the bottom of the page where the comment box is located). With that said, “FH” would be for Fort Hood and “61” is most likely the year. Not sure what "OOM" stands for...

Pistachio Nut Pudding - Fort Hood Texas*recipe - from the Mom - Make that Again! Family Cookbook