Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Union Militaria - Question

Article about: Hi all, has anyone had any dealing with this outfit? I'm looking for a couple of fillers for my EK collection (Star to the GC). They look to be of good quality, but pics can always be deceiv

gjw
    ?

Default Union Militaria - Question

Hi all, has anyone had any dealing with this outfit? I'm looking for a couple of fillers for my EK collection (Star to the GC). They look to be of good quality, but pics can always be deceiving.

So, are their medals of good quality or pot metal wonders?

Thanks so much!

Greg

Hi,

they're a Chinese based company. I ordered a Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross from there, for the same purpose as you: Filler.

Their quality is OK, but not great. The Knight's Cross is a 3 piece construction, with magnetic core and the detail is decent. The frames on mine weren't perfectly aligned though, but I took care of that with some sanding. The swastika and dates are just a little "shallow" and the frame is a little too thick (I'd say about 1/3 too thick compared to an original).

But overall definitely OK for the low price they ask, even if the finish is a bit "rough" out of the box; expect to give the finishing touches yourself. That being said; it doesn't quite scratch my itch, so I'm gunning for a Souval now!

Here are some pics of the cross I got from union militaria (it's shipped mint - I've aged mine):

IMG_0516.jpgIMG_0515.jpgIMG_0514.jpgIMG_0513.jpg

gjw
    ?

Thanks so much! I appreciate the info.

Best,

Greg