Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter

Article about: Hi Has anyone seen the Mini-series Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter? Cheers Nuno

Default Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter

Hi
    Has anyone seen the Mini-series Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter?

Cheers
    Nuno

?

This film / miniseries has taken Germany by storm it is supposed to be excellent but is only in German although German freinds are trying to source an edited version in Englsih !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    This film / miniseries has taken Germany by storm it is supposed to be excellent but is only in German although German freinds are trying to source an edited version in Englsih !!
    I am watching the first episode right now, everything looks correct so far.
    Looks really good

I've watched it and thought it was very entertaining, my German is pretty poor but could understand the drift of what was going on!..

It has been slated for Englisg language release under the title Generation War... but I am not sure where and when. Hopefully it will also be here in the USA. Here is the facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/GenerationWarSeries

We have another thread on this series; see:
    Looks interesting!....
    (As for my opinion, see post # 11 there.)

Exclamation RE: Generation War

In addition to drawing record ratings for public broadcaster ZDF over three nights – 7.6 million viewers, a 24 percent share of the German audience, saw the series finale Wednesday -- Generation War has begun a heated discussion in the media over history and personal responsibility. The debate is arguably on a scale last seen following the release of Stephen Spielberg's Schindler's List (1993).

“Were German Soldiers Really So Barbaric?” was one front page headline in leading German tabloid Bild, which, like many newspapers and websites here, called on wartime veterans and family members to share their memories of the time. Yes, they were, was Bild's conclusion.

?

This is a great series, very entertaining I am glad its coming to the UK so I can watch it again.

?

Yeah it was a good series, I saw it on Youtube with subtitles, very entertaining.

Brad.

?

I just finished this series, and this is a very truly moving story. It depicts the war very well from standpoints that you never see. Seeing the war from the German eyes in a pretty accurate manner is unheard of in modern films. The only flaws I saw were pretty minor like the mg42 in 1941 and so on. This is a definite watch for all of you out there, the hours fly by and the emotions of the story really hit it to home once the final minute comes.
    Highly recommend it! A+
    Ryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast