Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Urgent question,

Article about: hi guys, I am in a part of my drawing that has stumped me, the centre man with the flag, I think he is wareing glasses the reason i say this is he is the only one with blury eyes. It looks l

Default Urgent question,

hi guys,
    I am in a part of my drawing that has stumped me, the centre man with the flag, I think he is wareing glasses the reason i say this is he is the only one with blury eyes. It looks like he has them on but im not sure. Could any of you comfirm this or have an answer. thanks.
    dave.

Default Re: Urgent question,

My guess is he's wearing the dust goggles from the (M43?) gas mask kit, or some he had liberated from one of the defenders, which were of a similar design. Plastic lens with cloth trim.

?

He's definitely wearing some form of eyewear. Goggles or glasses - who can tell? If it's glasses, they look a bit 1980s so goggles of some sort would get my vote.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Rick and Ade
    thanks for that it must be goggles, when you think of it they were
    widely avalable. so googlesit is then. Now he can have his eyes lol.

dave.

I'd say he was wearing dust goggles, and took them off for the pic, and that is where its all nice and clean, and the rest that was exposed to dirt/dust gives the outlines of where the goggles used to be.

We got that a lot in Iraq, especially with the MA Duece gunner, always on top, and exposed to everything as we was driving down the MSR's over there.

Brian

?

hiya mate this might help its a slightly bigger pic they look like glasses ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi nick,
    you came to the rescue mate they are glasses, im half way down his body now to the flag so now i can finish his head. this is a better pic than i have so im working off it. ( more detail )
    thanks to all who helped and ade i forgot to say congrats to you
    on your admin.
    cheers dave.

Here a more clearer pic, and yes they are glasses.

Link :

Google Image Result for http://www.history.army.mil/images/matrix/101abd/photos/sc189920.jpg

Brian

Hi Brian,
    thanks for the link it is a very good pic of them, i am now ding there bottom halves the flag is done in colour.
    thanks dave,

Good luck with the rest of the picture. From what you have shown it looks great.