MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam hard hat red horse.

Article about: This is a Red Horse Squadron, Air Force civil engineering unit hard hat that my Uncle gave to me back in 1979 he served in Vietnam and I have not seen one since. Does anyone have anything si

Default Vietnam hard hat red horse.

This is a Red Horse Squadron, Air Force civil engineering unit hard hat that my Uncle gave to me back in 1979 he served in Vietnam and I have not seen one since. Does anyone have anything similar? All comments welcome. Here is some history where he was.
    Nha Trang Air Base was built by the French in 1949. It was then known as Base Aerienne 194 (BA 194). By mid-1951 Nha Trang was the center for the Air Force Military Training School, and graduated the first 15 student pilot class in March 1952. Before this time, early pilot training for Vietnamese personnel was conducted in French flying schools in France, Algeria, and Morocco.

In 1951, the first table of organization of the Vietnamese Armée de l'Air (VALA) (Air Department) listed Ton Son Nhut and Nha Trang Air Bases as the VALA operational bases, with its headquarters in Saigon. Aircraft assigned to the Air Force Military Training School were some Morane-Saulnier 500s (built in Nazi-controlled Vichy France), an ex-Luftwaffe Junkers Ju 52 along with a C-47.

On 15 December 1952 the training facility was redesignated the Air Instruction Center for VNAF use. Nha Trang was well situated for flight training, not only because of the scarcity of other flying fields, but also for its east central coastal climate and excellent flying weather. This location also had ideal terrain features, which included level around, mountains to the west, and the sea to the east, all considered good for tactical flight training.

Eric

005.jpg004.jpg003.jpg002.jpg001.jpg
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Default Re: Vietnam hard hat red horse.

Thats cool man. I have never seen one before.
    When was he there?

Default Re: Vietnam hard hat red horse.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Thats cool man. I have never seen one before.
    When was he there?
    Thanks Steve I think it was 1971 I will ask him to make sure.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]