Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Von Richthofens demise ABC Radio

Article about: Hey Guys a interesting story from a late friend of Mine who flew Spitfires with 452 Sqd durring WWII,as a kid in the first war had a friend of his who was first to arrive at the crash site o

Default Von Richthofens demise ABC Radio

Gday all,
    Did any Aussie's hear Maca's replayed interveiw with Frank Wornold this morning (9.45 11.11.12) on ABC Radio.
    Frank was an eye witness to Manfred Von Richthofen's death on April 21 1918 and was the man who released the harness from the Fokker Dr.1 and retreived the body.
    He tells the whole story of Richthofen's demise from ground fire as he stated the Fokker was only 30m up and side on to himself who was standing next Lewis gunner Robert Buie who hit him in the chest.Franks description of the tracer hitting the Fokker was captivating listening.He stated Richhofen shuddered as the rounds hit the cockpit and was found to have been shot through the heart.
    Frank passed away a number of years ago but the legacy of this amazing interview remains.
    Cheers Fella's
    Dave

Default Re: Von Richthofens demise ABC Radio

I didn't hear it Dave, but it's only 7.09am here in the west so it might not have been played here yet as they often replay these sorts of things at the time they were played in the east. Unfortunately I have to go to our surf club so I might miss it but will google it later. It is also my wife's birthday so I have a busy day ahead!

Worth catching Dave,it was excellent mate.Frank was quite a character.
    Happy birthday to your better half mate and have a great day at the Surf Club hey.
    Cheers
    Dave R

I tried to look it up on youtube and no hits!!! I would like to hear this as well! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

At work at present but I'll see if I can find a link from this end for you sometime today Larry.
    It was captivating to say the least.
    Cheers
    Dave

Thanks Thanatos,, at your convenience,, looking forward to it,, send me a PM when you have it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here's a link to the interview (I think)
    http://www.abc.net.au/australiaallover/
    9.00-10.00 AEST.
    Coudn't check content,still at work.
    Cheers
    Dave

It appears Yesterdays edition is not up yet,link should work tommorrow for Sundays show.
    I hope
    Cheers
    Dave

Gday all,
    The interview is up,the same link should get it,If not search ABC Macca and you will find it.It's 36 minutes into the last hour.
    The interview was done in 89 and Frank states he know's more re the demise of VR than any man as he was an eye witness to the events back in 1918.
    It's a fantastic interview and well worth your time.
    Cheers
    Dave

Wow what an amazing thing, very interesting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast