Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

War Horse

Article about: I saw this film last night and was very impressed by the WW1 scenes of trench warfare, no-man's land, etc. Has anyone else seen War Horse? Can anyone comment on it's authenticity?

Default Re: War Horse

Stalingrad (1993) is a classic, too. They should remake it.

I would love to see a remake of 'The Cruel Sea" using modern special effects,think of the invasion convoy in Flags of Our Fathers being picked off by a U-Boat Wolf Pack mid Atlantic.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-06-2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: more text

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The 1993 Stalingrad is a remake! The original, "Stalingrad: Dogs Do You Want To Live forever?" was made in 1959. Of course, if they want to they can make it again, if they do it right...

Mike

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    The 1993 Stalingrad is a remake! The original, "Stalingrad: Dogs Do You Want To Live forever?" was made in 1959. Of course, if they want to they can make it again, if they do it right...

Mike
    Yea, I knew it was a remake, but it is almost 20 years old and for such an epic, film-worthy battle, there should be a more modern version of it. Enemy at the Gates had some good scenes but it was a pretty bad overall representation of the Battle of Stalingrad. I am thinking something along the lines of the quality of 'The Pacific' would be nice.

A great film but I found the acting poor, a Spielberg remake would be good !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    A great film but I found the acting poor, a Spielberg remake would be good !!

Nick
    Hopefully not too poor... I just ordered it on ebay!

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    2012 War Movies - MovieWeb.com
    Remake red dawn and some others
    Thanks for the link. A remake of "Red Dawn"? As if we needed one...

I see they are doing another remake of "All Quiet on the Western Front", too. I am a bit sceptical about that one, but with Mimi Leder directing and Daniel Radcliffe in the lead, it could actually be very good.

While it appears to be more of an action/fantasy type of movie than a real war film, the production art for "Tiger 88" does look interesting.

Enemy at the Gates had some good scenes but it was a pretty bad overall representation of the Battle of Stalingrad. I am thinking something along the lines of the quality of 'The Pacific' would be nice.
    Indeed. An equivalent of "Band of Brothers" or "The Pacific" told from the perspective of a German unit would be an interesting project. Probably won't happen, though.
    "Enemy at the Gates" was awful. A complete waste of a huge budget and a fine cast that could have been put to much better use.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Indeed. An equivalent of "Band of Brothers" or "The Pacific" told from the perspective of a German unit would be an interesting project. Probably won't happen, though.
    "Enemy at the Gates" was awful. A complete waste of a huge budget and a fine cast that could have been put to much better use.
    I am looking forward to seeing what they do with 'All Quiet on the Western Front' as well. 'Tiger 88', I think, is going to be some kind of anime film and I am entirely not into that. As to 'Enemy at the Gates', I think that they got some stuff down pretty well, like the city environment, but to turn the battle into a love story is a little disgraceful. That being said 'Pearl Harbor' could do with a remake, too.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I didnt notice as I was distracted by Rachel Weiss all through the film

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast