Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

War Walks in Crete

Article about: Hi all, I am going to stay with a old Military friend in mine who now has his own business in Crete running a guest house. He is going to take me walking over the battle grounds, he lives in

Reg
    ?

Default Re: War Walks in Crete

Im sure some of the lads on here will know of somthing interesting in or near Madrid to loose a few hours, could be worth a post?

Safe journey Rick

Reg

i wait for fotos....in crete you can find, near in chania and a german tank inside a cave.But the cave is used from a local man for his ships, cows e.t.c....Ask your friend.Maybe he knows it.I have heard this story from an guy from chania.Maybe it is a known story

I went to Crete 17 years ago, but sadly that was just before I developed an interest in WW2 We stayed in a place called Agios Nikolaos, and there was an island just off shore, referred to by the locals as 'Crocodile Island'. I'd love to know if this place was of any significence during the war.

I'm from a little town called Widnes in Cheshire, and I've since learned that the minesweeper HMS Widnes beached and was abandoned in low tide at Souda Bay. She was salvaged by the Germans and put back to sea as Uj.2109

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2