Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Warnings in classifieds section?

Article about: I dont write this to question any seller at all, just a general wonder, in the classifieds sales section there is many beautiful items, and i would buy most of it if i had the money to do so

?

Default Warnings in classifieds section?

I dont write this to question any seller at all, just a general wonder, in the classifieds sales section there is many beautiful items, and i would buy most of it if i had the money to do so. But if something fake would turn up there is there a common thing that you who knows the differences would comment on that item, or is it just ignored? I obviously got a lot to learn in this world of collecting, and i´d like to think that scammers would not put anything up on a place like this, but i don´t really know thats why im asking. I find it very pleasant that prices are not overkill like on other sites, i bought a nice armband for half the price (maybe it would be triple as much) as i would find on ebay or similar.

Default Re: Warnings in classifieds section?

Dear friend i agree with you and i personally would comment and tell the seller it is fake because i would give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he didnt know it was a fake i would never assume he was trying to pull one over on me just my 2 cents

Quote by Wiking View Post
    I dont write this to question any seller at all, just a general wonder, in the classifieds sales section there is many beautiful items, and i would buy most of it if i had the money to do so. But if something fake would turn up there is there a common thing that you who knows the differences would comment on that item, or is it just ignored? I obviously got a lot to learn in this world of collecting, and i´d like to think that scammers would not put anything up on a place like this, but i don´t really know thats why im asking. I find it very pleasant that prices are not overkill like on other sites, i bought a nice armband for half the price (maybe it would be triple as much) as i would find on ebay or similar.
    I would suggest that you either post it for discussion in the appropriate area if you are unsure, or notify any moderator if you are sure and it will be looked into.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with Ralph. If you see an item that you feel is questionable or know is bad post a discussion thread and advise the moderator of the sales forum. Also if you are considering an item and don't feel comfortable about post it up for discussion, maybe it is bad or maybe you will learn something new. I'm not advocating using the forum as a vetting or valuation service but as a learning tool instead.

?

Ok thanks, just dont want it to come out like im accusing anyone, with my english not beeing 100% correct one litte grammatic error can change a kind question to a judgemental harmageddon i´ve noticed Lokking to buy a "good to have" SS sewing reel now, just waiting for the shipping cost.

Any items that are considered bad or there is uncertainty about need to be brought up for discussion ASAP. This has happened before and the selling of fakes is not permitted here unless they are in the re enactors section and are clearly labelled as such.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ralph is correct.

I am concerned re the SS sewing reel. These things are fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good advice from Frank and Ralph as it is everyones responsibility to keep an eye on the classifieds as the members have more eyes than the Mods do. Too much junk gets by sometimes and not enough questions on it. If one wants to remain anonymous contact the Mod directly who is the over seer of that forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill