Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Wartime hotels, restaurants and bars

Article about: As a hotelier of long standing I like to see period photos of hotels, restaurants and bars particularly with a military connection. I saw this one yesterday of Aussies drinking at an improvi

Default Wartime hotels, restaurants and bars

As a hotelier of long standing I like to see period photos of hotels, restaurants and bars particularly with a military connection.

I saw this one yesterday of Aussies drinking at an improvised bar in Libya !I love it!

If you know of any others please post

Thanks

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Some British troops in a restaurant waiting for their order.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry, looks a classy joint !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Menu and photo of the restaurant at SS-Junkerschule Braunschweig

Nick

A makeshift R&R camp with drinking games for a DAK unit in the desert including a homemade band.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Excellent pics Jerry !! Looks like they are about to start dancing on the tables !

I would love to hear thats bands music

Nick

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    As a hotelier of long standing I like to see period photos of hotels, restaurants and bars particularly with a military connection.

I saw this one yesterday of Aussies drinking at an improvised bar in Libya !I love it!

Nick
    Aussies drinking? Never!

A very nice photo Nick.

Cheers

Could a couple of those beer tankards seen in the photo of the 'Cafe Zerstorer' in Libya actually be cunningly fashioned from old shell cases by the ever resourceful Diggers I wonder???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Could a couple of those beer tankards seen in the photo of the 'Cafe Zerstorer' in Libya actually be cunningly fashioned from old shell cases by the ever resourceful Diggers I wonder???
    Well spotted Ned, they certainly look as if they could have been !

Nick

A convivial little group of Imperial German Airforce types celebrate Christmas 1917 somewhere in France.

article-2397887-1B6082FC000005DC-500_964x682.jpg
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast