Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

We Will Remember Them

Article about: I realise old wounds run deep for some people and i respect that, but i honestly think Remembrance day should be a day for all the fallen.

Default We Will Remember Them

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them.

In remembrance to anyone, be them friend or foe, who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and for their people.

Default Re: We Will Remember Them

Hey,
    Nice poem mate! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks,

- Bas

Quote by Bas Jonkers View Post
    Hey,
    Nice poem mate! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks,

- Bas
    Yes Bas - but more than just 'a poem' ........ this is the ode of remembrance. For us Aussies, Brits and Kiwis, this is recited every ANZAC day & remembrance day ( which is today ) at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month each year to remember as BonzaiCam says, the fallen in war.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quis Seperabit

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Yes Bas - but more than just 'a poem' ........ this is the ode of remembrance. For us Aussies, Brits and Kiwis, this is recited every ANZAC day & remembrance day ( which is today ) at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month each year to remember as BonzaiCam says, the fallen in war.
    Dan

Ahh... Thanks for the correction
    Thanks,

- Bas

Lest we forget.........! ! ! !
    Regards,

Steve.

'Lest we forget'
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by BonzaiCam View Post
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them.

In remembrance to anyone, be them friend or foe, who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and for their people.
    Rememberance day is for us to remember the soldiers of Great Britian and the Commonwealth who gave their lives in two world Wars in the fight against germany and its allies, for those of us, myself included, who lost their father in WWII feel insulted that you are asking us to also remember and respect the dead of the axis powers. John.

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    Rememberance day is for us to remember the soldiers of Great Britian and the Commonwealth who gave their lives in two world Wars in the fight against germany and its allies, for those of us, myself included, who lost their father in WWII feel insulted that you are asking us to also remember and respect the dead of the axis powers. John.
    Hi

I meant no disrespect. I can understand where you are coming from as many of my relatives were killed or served during WW1 and WW2. But surely we should respect any member of an armed forces who answered there country's call? Our ancestors did the same. They did not choose to kill, they were only doing there duty and I have the utmost respect for that.

Cameron

?

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    Are you being serious?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast