Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

This Weekends Haul WW1 and WW2

Article about: While out doing the tourist thing with the GF, I found a couple of out of the way shops. This is what I bought. A Nice WW1 Canadian Made Military bugle with the C Broad Arrow, a complete WW1

?

Default This Weekends Haul WW1 and WW2

While out doing the tourist thing with the GF, I found a couple of out of the way shops. This is what I bought.
    A Nice WW1 Canadian Made Military bugle with the C Broad Arrow, a complete WW1 Mills Training Grenade ( that makes 3 now)
    a RFC Sweetheart piece,a Nice Torpedo Trench art item, a WW1 or WW2 Canadian Marked Officers sporran, the Aussie Slouch Nat with RAAF badge and an ( up to now) unknown 1800s cartridge box with the tin still in it.

Not a bad bunch of items, I also ran into the wife of a Diver that hunts the waters around fort Erie Ontario, they are moving to Florida next spring and he is going to get rid of his Cannonball collection, as he was away, she explained that he has found dozens over the years and cannot take them with him during the move, so I hope to talk to him later this week when he is back...get weekend!!!

Just goes to show if you talk to people and are friendly you can get some get leads on things!!

Dean O
    Canada

WH3 014.jpgWH3 002.jpgWH3 003.jpgWH3 004.jpgWH3 005.jpgWH3 006.jpgWH3 007.jpgWH3 008.jpgWH3 009.jpgWH3 010.jpgWH3 011.jpgWH3 012.jpgWH3 001.jpg

?

Nice haul Dean I love the Mills Bomb do you have this variation in your collection yet ? And the Slouch cap looks in nice condition hard to tell from your images is it badged to the RAAF and is it war time dated or post war.

Regards Mark

?

Hey Mark, I got your email so I will not have to answer about the RAAF Hat.
    I now have 3 of the WW1 Practice Grenades, one whit that is Canadian Marked, and 2 like the one shown above, the other is all original and complete except for the base plug.

One of the shops I went too was so full and cluttered, They could not get to a pile of WW1 Veterans Berets or the WW2 German side caps.

But I have their card and will contact them this week to find out the prices of those and have them dig them out if it is a fair price, only one of the partners was there, and he did not know the prices of a few items I was interested in.

So I will be back there again!!!!!

Forgot to mention, the Cartridge box is a 1855 Pattern Expense Box with the tin..probably used here in Canada until the 1880s when we changed over from the p 53 Enfield, then Snider, and was used until we had the Martini Enfield

Dean O

WOW!!! Great looking stuff.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.