Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is the best deal you have ever made?

Article about: Just wondering.

Default Re: What is the best deal you have ever made?

IMG_0415.jpgIMG_0414.jpg

Cupal Deschler & Sohn SS Totenkopf cap insignia marked RZM M1/52

Bought this from a flea market in South Africa for R100 (about £12) not knowing at the time it was an original TK and worth a lot more than I paid for it !! a real bargin I feel !!

Finally!

i got that helmet through trade. i traded a rifle worth 500 dollars for the helmet, a heer belt buckle with a 1938 dated tab, and a 25 year civ service medal. not bad : )

About five years ago I became friends with the family of a funeral director who had passed away. His hobby was collecting Third Reich militaria, much of which was given to him by client families who didn't know what to do with their loved one's souvenirs. The funeral director's children never could understand their father's hobby, and when I told them I was interested they offered it all to me for one price. I came away with . . . a type III Falschirmjager jump smock, Heer officer's cape, Luftwaffe NCO tunic and pants, Vollgrenzschutz tunic, pants, and visor cap, three helmets including a double decal transitional model, DAF sidecap, Luftwaffe belt and buckle, early HJ buckle, mauser rifle and bayonet, Afrika Korps pith helmet, HJ and Wehrmacht armbands, West cuff title, box of medals and tinnies, box of shoulder boards and collar tabs, DAF flagpole finial, a huge national flag and a smaller flag, Grossbockenheim town banner, zeltbahns, ponyskin knapsack, bread bag, canteen, gas mask canister, Eisenbit stove, Von Tschammer Und Osten 1936 Olympic medallion, and several books. It was all original. The price was $1000.

as walking around my home, i noticed a yard sale wich looked like a buch of junk, in fact, it was! anyway, i looked over at a strange box, it just stood out. the box was aganst a small table, now, on the table, in a large cookie sheet was a pile of what looked like junk. as i walked closer....OH.MY GOD!! over a 100 assorted kriegsmarine items most, most uboot!!!!!! pins, forks, knifes heatind inserts. ciggerete case, towels. this pile was sold for $5.00, he said, " i gota get at lest $5 bucks for that cookie sheet" well, it was not a cookie sheet, it was a silver serving tray with all the stampings KM with eagle.now in the box was a, in great condition, a sextant, with all instructions, and a small log book. he said..." i need $25 for the telescope" i gave him $30 and couldnt get home quicker!!!!! now this was quite some time ago, since, ive come close to beat it, but never did. i now go to all yard sales i see.

Quote by Uncle Paul View Post
    About five years ago I became friends with the family of a funeral director who had passed away. His hobby was collecting Third Reich militaria, much of which was given to him by client families who didn't know what to do with their loved one's souvenirs. The funeral director's children never could understand their father's hobby, and when I told them I was interested they offered it all to me for one price. I came away with . . . a type III Falschirmjager jump smock, Heer officer's cape, Luftwaffe NCO tunic and pants, Vollgrenzschutz tunic, pants, and visor cap, three helmets including a double decal transitional model, DAF sidecap, Luftwaffe belt and buckle, early HJ buckle, mauser rifle and bayonet, Afrika Korps pith helmet, HJ and Wehrmacht armbands, West cuff title, box of medals and tinnies, box of shoulder boards and collar tabs, DAF flagpole finial, a huge national flag and a smaller flag, Grossbockenheim town banner, zeltbahns, ponyskin knapsack, bread bag, canteen, gas mask canister, Eisenbit stove, Von Tschammer Und Osten 1936 Olympic medallion, and several books. It was all original. The price was $1000.
    now thats a deal! great score!

I get good deals every so often because of the connection I made with a police detective. He gives me the items people bring into the police station to dispose of. He is a friend of the family and one day he brought me a box of stuff and said "you like that old military stuff some old lady brought this stuff to the station and said it was her husband's and he died and she was afraid to have them around the house." I got a nice demilled WWII dated 105mm artillery shell and a 37mm and a nice demilled grenade and a couple boxes of .30 cal carbine tracers and some m1 garand clips loaded with period ammo. It was some really nice stuff all demilled and safe, except for the small arms stuff, but people don't know so they turn it in. The artillery shells are nice because they are not drilled they have been pulled and the powder removed because the primers are still intact and the projectiles are removeable. Since then I have recieved a lot of ammo and not to mention all the fireworks they confiscate

Quote by frauline nie View Post
    as walking around my home, i noticed a yard sale wich looked like a buch of junk, in fact, it was! anyway, i looked over at a strange box, it just stood out. the box was aganst a small table, now, on the table, in a large cookie sheet was a pile of what looked like junk. as i walked closer....OH.MY GOD!! over a 100 assorted kriegsmarine items most, most uboot!!!!!! pins, forks, knifes heatind inserts. ciggerete case, towels. this pile was sold for $5.00, he said, " i gota get at lest $5 bucks for that cookie sheet" well, it was not a cookie sheet, it was a silver serving tray with all the stampings KM with eagle.now in the box was a, in great condition, a sextant, with all instructions, and a small log book. he said..." i need $25 for the telescope" i gave him $30 and couldnt get home quicker!!!!! now this was quite some time ago, since, ive come close to beat it, but never did. i now go to all yard sales i see.
    What a great deal! Did you get any story behind the items?

The best find was 24 Austrian WW I helmets for 370 euros

Quote by mclakic View Post
    Now that is a bargain!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by mclakic View Post
    I found the picture. this is part of KuK helmets

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast