Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is the best deal you have ever made?

Article about: Just wondering.

Default What is the best deal you have ever made?

Just wondering.

Default Re: What is the best deal you have ever made?

The best deal was a 1917 trench spike, WW1 plumb bolo knife, and a german export bayonet for 750 dollars. All in great collection.

Many good deals over time. One was a mint condition first pattern German sun helmet for $90. Neil

I bought a huge lot on a website once, mostly post-war insignia and stuff, but i saw 2 NS badges in there(Nasjonal Samling, the Norwegian Nazi Party) and i thought "I won't have this chance again" and i wasn't so sure about the value. I found out that one of the badges is worth at least 400 $, i am not sure about how much the other badge is worth, but it is bigger and for a police cap(Not sure). I bought the lot for about 100 $.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Hi,
    the best deal i have done in recent yrs is a few months back, i swopped a chasspot bayonet for a 1944 long Branch
    .303 deac rifle in great condition. It is on the forum.
    Dave.

I think my best ever deal was getting my prototyple MK1 Light Anti Gas Respirator, got it for £10 from ebay a few years back and recently sold it on to another collector for 50% of its actual value, but even at this price it was still a lot of money But my best recent deal was getting a TT33 Pistol, Nagant Revolver, Mosin Nagant Rifle, Mosin Nagant Carbine and a DT Machine Gun for a the tiny price of £320 I'll be uploading pictures on monday once I get them back from the police (long story)

Thanks

Danny

One of my best buys was a WWII 'Royal Canadian Air Force Observer School' Officers tunic.

Found at a thrift store for $3.99 - but there was to be a 'half-off' sale the next day
    (Saturday) but I said I had to work....................So I only paid $2.30 tax inc.
    I figured the cloth wing had to be worth at least $10.

Took it to my local dealer friend and we looked it up. It sold on consignment
    a day or two later. I received $500.

Apparently there were only a handful of Officers in the school which ran from mid '43
    until the end of the war - barely one and a half years in operation.

Interestingly, the tunic was purchased by a local longtime collector of R.C.A.F. items,
    who turned out to be my former Gym teacher in High School, now retired !
    The golden yellow embroidered cloth wing on the tunic had never before
    been seen by he and his fellow wing collector friends.
    I took photos for posterity.............

Another great buy was one of these SS deaths head buttons from an Antique Mall for $8.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 09-11-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I always seem to stumble upon good deals. My boss gave me all of his grandfathers WWI items for free (binoculars, HD&S M1917 trench knife, awards, insignia, collar pins). I picked up a double decal M35 Police helmet, Heer belt buckle, RAD cap badge and black wound badge all for $200.

But the best deal I had was purchasing all of these items from one seller for $260. I originally went to purchase the Pith helmet, and the person had the rest of the items which belonged to her father who had passed. She didn't care about price and just wanted them out of the house. Don't think I'll ever hit another hoarde like this again....

Baby Room 001.jpgBaby Room 002.jpgBaby Room 003.jpghouse 035.jpgBaby Room 019.jpgBaby Room 015.jpghouse 3.jpgBaby Room 017.jpghouse 028.jpghouse 023.jpgBaby Room 022.jpghouse 8.jpghouse 026.jpghouse 2.jpghouse 7.jpghouse 034.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpghouse 030.jpghouse 032.jpghouse 012.jpghouse 16.jpghouse 010.jpgBaby Room 024.jpg

Whoah what a deal! Thanks for sharing the story !

mmm... 2 order of red stars and one order of glory, low numbers for 60euros, thats about it everything else i payed market value..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast